TV Home Forum

BBC1 Christmas 2017 Idents

Please - Don't (one)mess up the Christmas idents this year (November 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonny
00.20 into Weatherview.
MR
mr_vivian
Jonny posted:
00.20 into Weatherview.

Could you imagine? Everyone waiting for the ident haha
WO
Worzel
Hopefully Santa's been listening and he's going to deliver new idents for One, Two and Four for use on 1st January...

...then I woke up and found out it was all a dream. Laughing
Last edited by Worzel on 1 December 2017 10:32am
DP
D.Page
Wicko posted:
Wicko posted:

Do you envisage the return of Oneness then?

Unfortunately, yes.

Well, if it does return, I hope they revamp their entire on screen presentation and make it consistent so that it gives it a bit of a fresh look. The idents aside, the entire presentation package needs reviewing.

I have a feeling Onemess will resume where it left off come 1st Jan, with no new additions. However, if 2018 is heralded in with a new one, this is the nightmare that could be awaiting us:

AB
ashley b Founding member
The announcement introducing Bargin Hunt confirmed "the curtain will be pulled back straight after strictly tomorrow night".
DP
D.Page
The announcement introducing Bargin Hunt confirmed "the curtain will be pulled back straight after strictly tomorrow night".

The same hint came on Wednesday evening, during the anno with Boxers, prior to The Apprentice and immediately after the first showing of the Christmas promo blip. I appears that curtains will feature to some degree in the forthcoming package, whether in the idents themselves, or in the surrounding miscellaneous pres (or both).
BE
Bert75
Please don’t bring back oneness what is oneness anyway bbc1 gone off
BE
Bert75
Voice over said don’t miss your moments in the spotlight sounds like people idents to me I think
AR
Argybargy

So, unlike the 2012 idents, it's possible they're at least actually pulling the curtain back this time!!
JA
JAS84
Voice over said don’t miss your moments in the spotlight sounds like people idents to me I think
Sounds like last Christmas Day, which used different idents (the first Oneness appearance) instead of the package used on the rest of the month.
AR
Argybargy
JAS84 posted:
Sounds like last Christmas Day, which used different idents (the first Oneness appearance) instead of the package used on the rest of the month.

Yes, that could indeed be what's happening. I quite liked the Christmas Day ones last year- a break from the "norm" and I felt they worked quite well, better than I had initially expected.
BE
Bert75
Great more people idents and it will have oneniess stuck on it I bet that will be the case

Newer posts