TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat) (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
Jarv
Is it this?

https://www.barnestvcompliance.com/privacy-ofcoms-most-important-decision-in-recent-years/

"Ofcom says this was because it discovered for the first time from the broadcaster (somewhat late in the day) that the body cameras worn by the HCEAs in fact belonged to the programme makers and the copyright to all the material recorded remained with Channel 5. They were worn primarily to obtain broadcast footage in other words rather than provide evidence or protect the HCEAs"
BE
benriggers
SOL posted:
I’ve noticed that quite a few of the debtors on last week’s Can’t Pay We’ll Take it Away have had their faces blurred on screen. There was also sound trouble where the narrator almost can’t be heard for the background music, and on one of the advert breaks there was no logo on screen, it just cut straight to a break. Seems to be rushed to get on screen. Possibly related to the Ofcom decision?

Have noticed that the series (for the time being) isn't available on My5 demand service.
DV
dvboy
JAS84 posted:
What Ofcom decision? Confused

back on page 41 of this thread
To get this back on topic. In today's Ofcom Broadcast report Channel 5 is the subject of one of the most thorough investigations Ofcom have launched. Almost all of this report is devoted to an episode of Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away! on 20 April 2016.

Ofcom have found against the Channel and the write up extends to 41 pages.

see here ……..

OFCOM.ORG.UK
30-Oct-2017 @ 21:31
SO
SOL
SOL posted:
I’ve noticed that quite a few of the debtors on last week’s Can’t Pay We’ll Take it Away have had their faces blurred on screen. There was also sound trouble where the narrator almost can’t be heard for the background music, and on one of the advert breaks there was no logo on screen, it just cut straight to a break. Seems to be rushed to get on screen. Possibly related to the Ofcom decision?

Have noticed that the series (for the time being) isn't available on My5 demand service.

It definitely looks like it was rushed then. 3 out of the 4 cases blurred the faces of the debtors, and as I said, the background music was drowning out the narrator. Im hoping it doesn’t get the chop.
JK
JK08
:-(
A former member
How long has Channel 5 had this:

London Lite, Stuart and watchingtv gave kudos
WA
watchingtv
The Wright Stuff have had a change of coming up animation.
From

To this which is very Channel 5
LL
Larry the Loafer
Is it my imagination or do Channel 5 like to recycle shows and claim they're new? I had an inkling when they aired The Best of Bad TV and noticed the "new" series consisted of a lot of reused material from the previous shows. Now I've just gone to watch a recording of their Ken Dodd documentary, having watched it when it was first shown and fancied watching it again, and the CA announced it as "brand new".
TT
TellyTime
Is it my imagination or do Channel 5 like to recycle shows and claim they're new? I had an inkling when they aired The Best of Bad TV and noticed the "new" series consisted of a lot of reused material from the previous shows. Now I've just gone to watch a recording of their Ken Dodd documentary, having watched it when it was first shown and fancied watching it again, and the CA announced it as "brand new".

Reformatting of TV programmes is a fairly common practice, Channel 4 are the worst at this with the same content recycled all the time and packaged up as new, it can feel like deja vu sometimes!
JA
JAS84
You've Been Framed is guilty too - that's why they mask out timestamps, to hide the fact that the clips aren't all new.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Many of those car pursuit sequences primarily from the States that are sourced from dashcams have their date stamp blurred out too, though looking at a lot of these the quality of them makes one wonder what the hell they actually prove, apart from whoever they spotted driving like a moron...

Of course the other option of masking really old police car dashcam clips is to just crop it to high heaven and back, which works well on UK force clips. The newer reincarnation of Police Camera Action did this. Or failing that zoom it in so heavily you can only see the bottom half of the clip.
IT
Ittr
Not sure if this is a technical error or not, but on the 09/12 Channel 5 listing from 6:00am, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING scheduled past 6:00am on 09/12. Is Channel 5 being replaced, renamed or something? The strangest part is that every other channel has something scheduled from that time.

Newer posts