TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
parrferris
Is Wales using an actual globe there? As well as some extra distortion (particularly on the left) there appears to be muck on the mirror!
JA
JAS84
Different widescreen solutions I see. Network had black bars, NI stretched the reflection, and Wales actually has blue bars - so I'd say that is the actual NODDY system brought out of retirement, yes. NI's version used CG, so it could be wider than the original. Network's is stock footage from back in the day.
SD
sda|
As mentioned in the comments on those uploads by D Page, Network last night appeared to use this recreation which is based on an actual model that the uploader made, which surprised me!
AR
Argybargy
Jonny posted:
Again, if "Oneness" isn't being used for events such as this, one can only assume its days are numbered.

Possible. But more likely the 1981 Globe was only being used purely because it was introducing an 80s themed programme.
Last edited by Argybargy on 14 November 2017 11:24am
JA
JAS84
Yeah, they also used the mirror globes for Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes. That certainly didn't mean the circles were heading for the dustbin.
:-(
A former member
Has anyone else seen the new "BBC" Promo?
RE
Rex
Has anyone else seen the new "BBC" Promo?

Saw it leading up to the One Show tonight.
JO
Jon
Anyone going to bother posting any information?
RE
Rex
Jon posted:
Anyone going to bother posting any information?

The BBC promo mentioned by 623058 continues the 'Learn something new every day' mantra that was started at the beginning of the year.
A former member
Ive been trying to grab a copy since yesterday.
A former member
TV room managed to get it

tmorgan96 and watchingtv gave kudos
DA
davidhorman
A silent Fiona Bruce presumably giving us the headlines during the credits of Pointless just now.

Newer posts