TV Home Forum

Christmas Presentation 2017

*It's the most wonderful time... of the yeaaaaarrrrr* (November 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BH
BillyH Founding member
This one ran a fair few years too.

Stuart, remlap and bilky asko gave kudos
ST
Ste Founding member

Sky Cinema Christmas advert. Good to see the old Sky Digital and Sky+ boxes under the TVs in the different years. Shame the 1995 clip didn't have an old analogue box and Astra 1D expander but I suppose that is asking too much!
fanoftv and ToasterMan gave kudos
JB
JasonB
That Morrison's one is starting to grate on me a little bit "Go on"
LL
Larry the Loafer
Their adverts have been annoying me for a long time. Does anybody know what's actually being sung when they hear what sounds like "WEH BE CHERRRRRRRRR?"
orange, fusionlad and Rory gave kudos
BA
bilky asko
Their adverts have been annoying me for a long time. Does anybody know what's actually being sung when they hear what sounds like "WEH BE CHERRRRRRRRR?"

Will Young singing "We'll feel joy" in his song "Joy".
FA
fanoftv
Has the Waitrose advert been mentioned here yet?

A well produced advert, but lacks something compared to last year's
JB
JasonB

Will Young singing "We'll feel joy" in his song "Joy".

Beat me to it. But here’s the full song

LL
Larry the Loafer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfupHVe-Mek

Apparently Lurpack tried to start a viral campaign this Christmas but they found it impossible to spread...

I thank you.
ET
ethanh05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfupHVe-Mek

Apparently Lurpack tried to start a viral campaign this Christmas but they found it impossible to spread...

I thank you.

Never go into comedy.
TO
tomo359
Can't decide on the waitrose advert, why does it need to be in black and white? It makes all the food look bland, I thought the point of showing various items is to make them stand out, but like when they pull the cake out of the box it doesn't look appealing because the ad is black and white.
Also they get stranded at the Tan Hill Inn pub and the nearest Waitrose from there is over 50 miles away in Hexham! Doubt you're going to go that far for your weekly shop!
FA
fanoftv
I'm know what you mean Tomo about the black & white of the advert, with both Waitress & Sainsbury's using Black & White it doesn't feel like a colourful Christmas.

In amongst all of these quite non festive adverts McDonalds have produced a lovely little heartwarming story that also promotes their healthy alternative to fries:
ET
ethanh05
I'm know what you mean Tomo about the black & white of the advert, with both Waitress & Sainsbury's using Black & White it doesn't feel like a colourful Christmas.

In amongst all of these quite non festive adverts McDonalds have produced a lovely little heartwarming story that also promotes their healthy alternative to fries:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlfrEzKLMc

What is Waitress!

This years McDonald's ad feels better than last years one with the doll, but I don't find it charming or heart warming. If I was the dad the kid wouldn't be getting a carrot and I would be not going out again for another 8 of them!

Newer posts