TV Home Forum

Potential new Channel 4 idents launched

Oct 31st, p6 onwards (September 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GL
Gluben
Considering we were supposed to getting a continuing story from the current idents, do you think this is a "sequel" or have Channel 4 just given up on the roster they've got now?

I cannot see how these new idents are in any way linked to the idents we have now???

Read my previous post for my theory on the "story".
CA
Caly123
If they do show these new idents, do you think they'll make a new Simpsons ident?
TG
Tim Goodwin1
Some positive reception over these and more positive than the 2015 range, which I did not like at first due to having no logo but they have grown on me over the last year due to the technique of subliminal branding, which seems to be the way forward for the TV ident. The channel 4 brand is restrengthened with the use of 4score and the block man resembling the full logo more than block just being scattered over the show. I am though glad that they kept with the logo in a different form though as I feel this is the way forward (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0yLJD2wN1M&t=25s)
LL
Larry the Loafer
Their 35th anniversary is on November 2nd... Just saying...
OR
orange
Some positive reception over these and more positive than the 2015 range, which I did not like at first due to having no logo but they have grown on me over the last year due to the technique of subliminal branding, which seems to be the way forward for the TV ident. The channel 4 brand is restrengthened with the use of 4score and the block man resembling the full logo more than block just being scattered over the show. I am though glad that they kept with the logo in a different form though as I feel this is the way forward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0yLJD2wN1M&t=25s

Fixed your post link.
TL
Tyler LastName
If they do show these new idents, do you think they'll make a new Simpsons ident?

I think the Simpsons ident might be that the "block man" might crash into homer. Either that or they can just keep the 2015 ident with the blocks. Who knows. Shocked

46 days later

:-(
A former member
JUST LAUNCHED!! I had the juction recording Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy AND we got to see all the kids playing in the street ident Very Happy
DE88, Rex and paul_hadley gave kudos
PA
paul_hadley
So much better than the last weird package
CR
Critique
How unexpected! It was set in a Street with kids playing football with the giant four figure.
JO
Josh
Window Smash/Football ident just before Bake Off.
MA
madmusician
I suppose this will be the biggest audience that Channel 4 will have for some time, so it makes sense to launch a new package now.

Never dived for this forum so quickly in my life!!
DE88 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
:-(
A former member
It was a complete shock but I wonder if the other three will appear

Newer posts