TV Home Forum

ITV Idents (Post Christmas)

(January 2014)

MM
MMcG198 UTV Newsline
dbl posted:
I liked the launch promo, but the idents let the package down. Compared to similar concepts from Channel 7 in Australia at the time, they look not as well produced.

I much prefer a really well done "celebrity" ident to much of what we currently have. Idents are all about marketing the channel. Idents featuring the channel's talent is good marketing. If done properly - well shot visuals and a good soundtrack - it can work really well.
DB
dbl London London
dbl posted:
I liked the launch promo, but the idents let the package down. Compared to similar concepts from Channel 7 in Australia at the time, they look not as well produced.

I much prefer a really well done "celebrity" ident to much of what we currently have. Idents are all about marketing the channel. Idents featuring the channel's talent is good marketing. If done properly - well shot visuals and a good soundtrack - it can work really well.

Agreed.. If they had made ident edits of this promo from a few years ago, it would be on brand.
KU
Kunst World News
When are ITV3, ITV4 and ITV Encore going to remove any sign of the older ITV corporate look(especially for the endboards), I wonder?
It all looks so inconsistent, especially since when ITV got the new endboards
PF
PFMC84 UTV Newsline
Perhaps they aren't?
RE
Rex (previously MetalGearRex) London London
Kunst posted:
When are ITV3, ITV4 and ITV Encore going to remove any sign of the older ITV corporate look(especially for the endboards), I wonder?
It all looks so inconsistent, especially since when ITV got the new endboards

I probably doubt that it’ll happen any time soon. Personally, from looking at ECPs incorporating the ITV4/Encore presentation, I don’t think it fits as well as the main channel.

Consistency plays a major part, although the main ITV channel (and ITV2) have changed their endboards throughout different stages of their pres package lifespan.
REEEEEEEEE
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Yeah, it's not the first time ITV1 and 2 have changed their endboards without changing their idents, while ITV3 and 4 get left alone. And Channel 4 have done the same thing.
IT
Ittr
JAS84 posted:
Yeah, it's not the first time ITV1 and 2 have changed their endboards without changing their idents, while ITV3 and 4 get left alone. And Channel 4 have done the same thing.

It happened in 2010/2009 when ITV1 and ITV2 got slightly different logos, while ITV3 and ITV4 were left untouched.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
I still think that the positioning for the logos and programme info on ITV multi channel trailers was best at launch, especially for the flow design system that they used. Something that I think is lost in the new designs.
DB
dbl London London
They ditched the promo transitions as they found that the promo time was too short for it to 'work' properly in most junctions, and it was a pain in the arse for the creatives.
AW
Andrew Wood Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Have they left it really late, or have the Pumpkins idents already been shown over the past few days? I've just seen one at 7pm, but no others.
AW
Andrew Wood Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
And the Fireworks idents return a few days early!
AB
ashley b Founding member Granada North West Today
And the Fireworks idents return a few days early!

That one's definitely been being shown since at least Saturday.
- It's Back!

Newer posts