Media Websites

Digital Spy

to be downsized ... (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
http://www.hearst.co.uk/terms-and-conditions posted:
By using the [Digital Spy] Sites or posting content on any Discussion Forums you confirm that you are 18 years old or more or, if you are under 18 years old, that you have received your parent’s or guardian’s consent to enter into these Terms.

No lower age limit as such (most major social media platforms have minimum age limits of 13 thanks in part to the fact they're American corporations and thus subject to US COPPA law).
WH
Whitnall
There is a whole other forum which has a section which discusses Digital Spy forums users.
JA
james-2001
There is a whole other forum which has a section which discusses Digital Spy forums users.

There's more than one (I know of at least two- DTV/Diabolik and Smeggy's, though they may have changed names since I was last aware of them), I've always found it quite childish that they spend so much time obsessing over users of another froum. The ones I know of were started by people who were banned from the forums and decided to set up forums to slag off and sneer at DS users (and have new accounts set up on DS to troll). I was one of their top targets at one point, maybe they do still talk about me on there- if they do then they've been at it since 2006 which is incredibly pathetic.
Last edited by james-2001 on 11 October 2017 10:56am - 2 times in total
JB
JasonB
Smeggy's was a spin off by those who were kicked off from DTV or something like that.
Last edited by JasonB on 11 October 2017 4:04pm
JA
james-2001
One thing I never understood about all the "secret forum" stuff, surely if they felt they'd been wrongly banned from DS, surely their beef was with the mods and admins, so why take it out on the users?

One of the also strpid things is the reason I became one of their targets- a few months before the smoking ban came in there was a discussion on it, and they decided anyone who spoke in favour of the ban in that thread was to be trolled and abused by them. On quite a few occasions they set up new accounts on DS to start threads about what an idiot I was (obviously quickly deleted), and there was a "mole" on there who occasionaly sent me PMs about what they were saying about me over there.
Last edited by james-2001 on 12 October 2017 10:23am
SI
silvercowards
Really?! Abuse on that site? It looks pretty 'sane' compared to other online forums I've been to (I'm looking at you Yahoo Answers).

I used another forum called the SDMB (Straight Dope Message Boards) and there's another forum called 'Giraffeboards' which was set up both by the fallen mods who were displeased at how things were run along with banned users of the site (like myself for an incredibly stupid reason) Rolling Eyes

Oh sh**. on another note...I actually remember this comment I received in regards to a question I asked about where the BBC obtains their instrumental music from.... Very Happy
:-(
A former member
All I remember about that place is there kept saying scottie mcclue keeps on coming back demand he should be back on radio.
A former member
All I remember about that place is there kept saying scottie mcclue keeps on coming back demand he should be back on radio.

What an oddly specific thing to be the only thing you can remember.

It does seem to attract a lot of the type who think that farting out whatever is on their mind is acceptable conversation - who has the nicest boobs, who’s gay, stuff like that. I always enjoy the inevitable “does this mean they’ll get new DOG’s?” whenever there’s news of any change whatsoever to a tv channel as well.
JB
JasonB

It does seem to attract a lot of the type who think that farting out whatever is on their mind is acceptable conversation - who has the nicest boobs, who’s gay, stuff like that. I always enjoy the inevitable “does this mean they’ll get new DOG’s?” whenever there’s news of any change whatsoever to a tv channel as well.

That best boobs on TV thread was creepy. I'm glad it got locked.
A former member

Well there is STV thread where people complain about the current legally required opt outs and the demise of real radio and the transformation to heart, and how it will save those station, which all turned up to fales. Scottie keep on appearing, ie there was more than one thread about.
JA
james-2001
Really?! Abuse on that site? It looks pretty 'sane' compared to other online forums I've been to (I'm looking at you Yahoo Answers).

Well I don't know how it is now, but that's definately how it was around the 2006-2009 era, when I was getting trolled by them fairly regularly.

The "let's slag off DS users" forum was hidden though, so you could only see it if you were an "approved" member, maybe that's still the case?
Last edited by james-2001 on 13 October 2017 11:52pm

15 days later

A former member
Why does Digitalspy feel the need to refer to viewers of shows as “fans”? There is genuinely an article at the moment referring to “Breakfast fans”.

And naturally, it is using the theory that a couple of tweets is representative of the entire show’s viewership as the basis for the entire article.

Newer posts