TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

March 2017 onwards - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mannewskev
The Big Breakfast used to use a Christmas version of the original theme, even though they'd changed the year round theme half a dozen times since.

They did that in the final years, but 1997-99 had a Christmas version of the 1997 theme.
TV
TVDP
The version is a version of the 2014 theme tune, not the 2015.
JA
jason2016
UBox posted:
There is already a Christmas version of the theme which I imagine they will use as normal.

Oh I don’t remember hearing this one. Does anyone have a video of it?
TV
TVFan2017
UBox posted:
There is already a Christmas version of the theme which I imagine they will use as normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW08i4vid0M

It is at the start of TVDP's Video here when Ben & Kate start speaking.
BW
BroadcastWales
UBox posted:

Here's the Christmas Bed-
BW
BroadcastWales
TVDP posted:
The version is a version of the 2014 theme tune, not the 2015.

You are right, They used a Christmas version of the 2014 bed to opt into the Regional News. But coming out of breaks they would use a Christmas version of the 2015 theme.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The Big Breakfast used to use a Christmas version of the original theme, even though they'd changed the year round theme half a dozen times since.

They did that in the final years, but 1997-99 had a Christmas version of the 1997 theme.

92-95: Original Christmas Theme
96: No Christmas Theme
97-99: 1997 Christmas Theme
2000: Christmas version of 2000 theme created but ditched in favour of original Christmas theme
2001: Original Christmas Theme
2002: Dead.
VM
VMPhil

GMTV used to use the Christmas version of its original jingle long after they stopped using it!

WH
Whataday Founding member
Sorry to be picky, but that's the Christmas version of their 1996-1999 jingle.
VM
VMPhil
Sorry to be picky, but that's the Christmas version of their 1996-1999 jingle.

Same four notes as the original GMTV theme, no?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Same four notes as they used for its 16 year history, but that particular sting is from the 1996 package, which is very different to the original.
VM
VMPhil
Those four notes weren't used after 2000 though. They were replaced with these

Newer posts