TV Home Forum

Doctor Who (2015)

Expectations (July 2015)

AA
Aaron_2015 West Country (West) Spotlight
JCB posted:
That even less helpful, please explain what you mean?

Nah, I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Final word: If they auditioned a variety of people and the gameshow host was the best person for the job then so be it. But if they cast Bradley solely because they wanted a gameshow host, to be PC, then that's disgusting and the BBC need to be held accountable.

What exactly is the relevance of Bradley being a game show host? Why would that constitute the BBC “being PC”?

On a different note, I don’t think the Autumn slot really works for the show. If it
goes before Strictly it’s in the 6:00 tomeslot, which generally means it’ll be toned down. If it goes after it won’t start until at least 8:30, which is too late for some of the audience.
AS
AlexS Central (East) Midlands Today
JCB posted:

Final word: If they auditioned a variety of people and the gameshow host was the best person for the job then so be it. But if they cast Bradley solely because they wanted a gameshow host, to be PC, then that's disgusting and the BBC need to be held accountable.

What exactly is the relevance of Bradley being a game show host? Why would that constitute the BBC “being PC”?

On a different note, I don’t think the Autumn slot really works for the show. If it
goes before Strictly it’s in the 6:00 tomeslot, which generally means it’ll be toned down. If it goes after it won’t start until at least 8:30, which is too late for some of the audience.

50 minutes would suggest they are aiming to hit 20:30 most weeks, unless Casualty is being scrapped (as 2 50 minute programmes followed by the news will make them hit the preferred 22:30 for MOTD.
:-(
A former member
JCB posted:

No you'll made no actually point and made stupid comment. All I see is you moaning for no good reason.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Agreed, they should've learned from series 9. Maybe they could show the first eight episodes in August and September (i.e. before Strictly starts) and the last two at Christmas and New Year? I didn't see a Christmas special mentioned in the announcement.
DJ
DJ Dave Granada North West Today
Don't know why Bradley is getting so much stick, I thought he was great when he was on Corrie.
JA
Jake Central (East) East Midlands Today
JCB posted:

No you'll made no actually point and made stupid comment. All I see is you moaning for no good reason.

Replace 'game show host' with 'woman' and you'll figure it out.
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Jake posted:
JCB posted:

Replace 'game show host' with 'woman' and you'll figure it out.

Yes, they are mimicking the response to Jodie's casting.
LL
Larry the Loafer Granada North West Today
That's Numberwang!
A former member
That put a smile on my face, Very Happy Maybe we should rotate the broad Wink

Incase no one understands:

FL
flaziola
Worth noting that Bradley has worked on the BBC Wales books before. He played a creepy clown on the Sarah Jane Adventures a few years back.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Nine years ago now. Series 2's second story.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Clown_(TV_story)

15 days later

A former member
WELL Nanu Nanu anyone? All is forgiven No6!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41928500

Newer posts