TV Home Forum

Doctor Who (2015)

Expectations (July 2015)

UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Bradley Walsh confirmed as part of the new cast:

JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
That announcement seems to have been released a day earlier than planned, because it's on the front page of the Daily Mirror (who I assume breached an embargo).
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
BBC News Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41716877
Worth noting the line...
"The BBC also confirmed the series will have a 10-week run of 50-minute episodes in autumn 2018, starting with a feature-length hour show for the launch."
It seems slightly odd that most episodes will be 50 minutes, instead of either 45mins or 1 hour. It'll be interesting to see what the programme length will be when shown abroad & repeated on UKTV. Looks like the number of episodes has decreased again, having originally been 12 (excluding X-Mas episodes) on the new series, then cut to 11, and now to 10.

Also I see we're going to have to wait until next Autumn until the new series. Considering Jodie Whittaker was announced back in July I assumed the next series would be in the Spring, as with the previous series. I can't help speculating that cost-cutting at the BBC may play a factor.
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer
JC
JCB
UBox posted:

I hope they don't push the fact Bradley is a gameshow host down our throats.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
From the last time it aired in the autumn I remember it having early or late slots around strictly.
:-(
A former member
JCB posted:
UBox posted:

You really don't have a clue about his career do you.
JC
JCB
JCB posted:
UBox posted:

You really don't have a clue about his career do you.

You really don't have a clue i'm quoting you do you?

I'm just saying I hope he was cast because he was the best person for the job and not because he's a white male middle aged gameshow host.
JA
Ugh. He CAN act you know, he was on Law & Order UK throughout that show's run.

From the last time it aired in the autumn I remember it having early or late slots around strictly.
Late slots yeah, in series 9. Ratings were pretty low that year as a result. Couldn't they air the first eight episodes of DW in August and September, then air the final two at Christmas and New Year (there was no mention of a Christmas special in the announcement)? It'd avoid Strictly that way.

Or maybe it won't be on Saturdays now?
JC
JCB
*whoosh*
:-(
A former member
That even less helpful, please explain what you mean?
JA
He thinks someone missed a joke. Confused
JC
JCB
That even less helpful, please explain what you mean?

Nah, I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Final word: If they auditioned a variety of people and the gameshow host was the best person for the job then so be it. But if they cast Bradley solely because they wanted a gameshow host, to be PC, then that's disgusting and the BBC need to be held accountable.

Newer posts