TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

March 2017 onwards - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MC
mccanmat
I also used to be in the routine of watching the weather just before 8 and see The TOTH and then head off to work- even though you rely on other things like clocks if things which is a fixed routine changes it can throw your day out!
MC
mccanmat
I could understand 8:00 top of the
Hour being delayed
For a major news story but when itโ€™s Richard Arnold blabbing on about McKenna someone or Fake fawning over a celebrity and doing fluffy padding which can be dropped- drop it and get to the weather
And the 8:00 headlines! Simple as! A tighter ship needs to be run!
ToasterMan, BBCME and dvboy gave kudos
JB
JasonB

Quite.

If I'm walking out of my house any later than about 06:15 (maybe as late as 06:17, at an absolute push), then I will miss my bus to get to work on time. So, if I happened to be absolutely relying on the GMB regional bulletin for any reason (which I'm thankfully not) then it often being woefully late would be utterly useless to me. And obviously the first BBC Breakfast regional bulletin is also too late for my departure time.

If there is anyone out there with a similar morning schedule to mine, but who is not savvy with modern alternatives (such as smartphone apps etc), then they may well be genuinely relying on getting that 06:10 regional travel/weather on time. GMB's chronic inability to even remotely adhere to its own supposed timings, therefore may well be letting down any such viewers.

Considering there is radio, travel apps etc, there's absolutely no reason to rely on the rather vague regional travel bulletins on GMB.

Well that's a great slogan: "watch Good Morning Britain, there's absolutely no reason to rely on it".

Sounds like a slogan they would use in the Simpsons for one of their TV shows.

I am out of the door at the same time every morning at 7.15 and manage to get the same bus each time with no fail thanks to a bus app that's useful if you're based in London. I'm not sure if other bus operators outside of London have similar apps.
TV
TVDP
So Richard Madeley is on Mon-Tue-Wed next week. With Susanna I think? Ben & Kate on Thu-Fri ?
JK
JKDerry
I haven't watched GMB for a very long time, what is their current attitude to local news now? I remember back in 2014, there was the pre-recorded dedicated intro to each local opt-out from Ben, plus there were four bulletins, I suspect that is all gone now?

Is there any rule that states GMB has to provide local news each morning? Is there a quota of how many minutes they have to provide? BBC One Breakfast seems to be the best place for local news now at breakfast time.
JA
JAS84
Oops.

RE
Reece24
TVDP posted:
So Richard Madeley is on Mon-Tue-Wed next week. With Susanna I think? Ben & Kate on Thu-Fri ?

Richard & Ranvir | Mon - Wed
Ben & Ranvir | Thurs - Fri

Piers & Susanna are both off for W/C 30th October also, but anchors haven't been announced.
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4731512/richard-madeley-ben-shephard-piers-morgan-good-morning-britain/
CW
CraigWills
TVDP posted:

Richard & Ranvir | Mon - Wed
Ben & Ranvir | Thurs - Fri

Piers & Susanna are both off for W/C 30th October also, but anchors haven't been announced.
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4731512/richard-madeley-ben-shephard-piers-morgan-good-morning-britain/

I love how the tabloids have also said "Ben is filling in for Piers" when the fact is Ben is doing his regular role as Thu/Fri presenter. I'm not sure Ben has ever filled in for Piers on a Mon-Wed for a long while.
Also seems like a few regulars away if Kate, Piers, Susanna and possibly Charlotte are all off next week.
LS
Lou Scannon
I love how the tabloids have also said "Ben is filling in for Piers" when the fact is Ben is doing his regular role as Thu/Fri presenter.

Tabloids and facts go together like ice-cream and HP sauce.
jason2016 and Spencer gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
You're being unfair, tabloids do do facts.

Usually in the last paragraph of the article which totally contradicts the headline and everything which precedes it.
MD
MrDexB
I love how the tabloids have also said "Ben is filling in for Piers" when the fact is Ben is doing his regular role as Thu/Fri presenter.

Tabloids and facts go together like ice-cream and HP sauce.

You mean HP Sauce and ice cream. Ice cream is fact, fact is ice cream, and I also happen to hate HP sauce.
DO
dosxuk
You mean HP Sauce and ice cream. Ice cream is fact, fact is ice cream, and I also happen to hate HP sauce.

Remember kids, don't drink & post!

Newer posts