TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Can't see there being much interest beyond the fans of the teams concerned. Worth remembering it's not that long ago you didn't get any FTA matches until the 3rd round.
UK
UKnews
Kevin Cadle, the host of Sky’s NFL coverage for many years, has died.

A nice tribute by his friend and fellow NFL broadcaster Mike Carlson http://nfluk.com/s/37678/59?itemUri=-1238500867/13107157144311527094129915
Last edited by UKnews on 16 October 2017 12:23pm
S7
sbahnhof 7
Apparently the tribute to Kevin Cadle is here now:

- http://www.nfluk.com/news/specialfeatures/article-1/Getting-Cadled-A-tribute-by-Mike-Carlson/2942277d-53f0-4311-a073-4cb715e2486d

As he mentions, Cadle was also a basketball coach. This is one of his Euroleague matches that was on Grandstand, at Crystal Palace in 1991 – https://youtu.be/uG5dvEAQ7gM?t=1m11s
TL
toby lerone 2016
FA Cup 1st Round TV Matches

Friday 3rd November:
Hyde United vs Mk Dons (7.55pm, BBC Two)

Saturday 4th November:
Shaw Lane Association vs Mansfield Town (12.30pm, BT Sport 1)

Monday 6th November:
Chorley vs Fleetwood Town (7.45pm, BT Sport 1)

While not officially confirmed yet I believe as the last few years the BBC are moving fixtures to Sunday afternoon to feature on FA Cup Final Score.
JO
Jon
There will be a fourth live match. S4C will show Newport vs Walsall 5:15pm on the Saturday.
RO
robertclark125
In the last few days, Frontrunner 2, which was on Sky Channel 469, has came off the EPG, leaving the sole Frontrunner channel, on 468.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Breaking

Formula E’s pan European rights snapped up by Eurosport. Will for now be non-exclusive in the UK

(edit - intially posted from iPhone)
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 20 October 2017 8:06pm
TI
TIGHazard
Checking the schedule for next week, I noticed the Vikings vs. Browns NFL game is on BBC Two at 1pm. Interestingly in the US, this game is a NFL Network exclusive, unlike the earlier games this month which were on Fox.

So graphics wise, what do you guys think we're going to get considering both NFL highlight shows endcaps state "A Whisper Films production for NFL & BBC Sport".

A clean feed for the BBC to place their own graphics?

Standard NFL Network graphics?

Or simulcast graphics? (here's a mock I made in 5 minutes based on the CBS and NBC/NFL network simulcast graphics).

I think the middle or latter options are more likely than the first.

Though if the NFL really want to be serious with this London team by 2021 thing, then this would be the perfect game for them to let the BBC camera operators and technicians produce the coverage to see how they do, as it's early in the day for America, and it's not really a game worth watching (the Browns have lost every game so far).
RD
rdd Founding member
Those “standard NFL Network graphics” are actually the graphics used on TNF games that are produced by NBC, except games that are actually being simulcast on NBC get their peacock logo added.

This one is being produced by CBS though so it’ll almost certainly be the CBS TNF graphics (ie the third set but before you added the BBC logos).

I’ve only ever seen one NFL game get the clean feed treatment, but that was being shown on Yahoo!
RD
rdd Founding member
Talking American football, the Sky Sports crew did a lengthy tribute to former anchor Kevin Cadle who died earlier this week, during the pregame for LA Rams v Arizona.
BK
bkman1990
That FIFA Football awards show which is on ITV on Friday night. Irish viewers can see it on RTÉ2 from 7:30pm to 9pm tonight.
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ2 has the FIFA Awards on live right now. The sound quality & the live feed at the start of the ceremony was poor.

I hope issues will be sorted later on until it finishes before 9pm.

Newer posts