TV Home Forum

After the News

New ITV topical show, previously titled 'Late Night Live' (September 2017)

LL
Larry the Loafer Granada North West Today
So after the ITV News, the CA says...

"The Jonathan Ross Show is after a brand new here on ITV, after the news."

I knew it was a terrible name.

But with a bit of creativity and thought, they could have said something that sounded better than that.

That's all very well and good, but if the show has to deal with something hard hitting, they can't really lead into that with some fun wordplay.

I agree with most on here though. I was under the impression there would be more to it than just serious news discussion.
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Much better format tonight. The way that they had a look at some of the papers at the start before going into the debate worked better and I feel Emma was more suited to the role. As for the debates I would have preferred less topics but give them more time as they had to end a debate midway through. Definitely an improvement on yesterday however I would still like to see this extended to 45 minutes at least to fill it's potential.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
If this is the best they can do, I'd rather the money was invested in bringing back the regional Westminster shows to a weekly slot.
JB
JexedBack South East Today
Another show reviewing the newspapers with the same guests.
Nothing new here.

And are there no other female presenters? Emma on Five Live, Newsnight, Sunday Morning Live and now this.
SC
scottishtv Founding member STV Central Reporting Scotland
I see STV isn't showing this at all, and quite franky, I don't blame them. I don't care for their Scotland Tonight news show, but it's a lot better than what I've watched of After The News on the ITV player.
AE
AlexEdohHD13 London London
At least it's better than The Nightly Show.
Part of the ITV Network, This is Granada. At 6.30pm
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
It's bloody boring, but I'm glad we don't have hours and hours of shows like this that they seem to have in other countries like Spain.
Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
AE
AlexEdohHD13 London London
dvboy posted:
It's bloody boring, but I'm glad we don't have hours and hours of shows like this that they seem to have in other countries like Spain.

There's always 'The Wright Stuff'
Part of the ITV Network, This is Granada. At 6.30pm
RE
Reece24 Anglia (West) Look East
Anyone have any idea of the Ratings for this? Can't think they'll be great, just interested.
TO
TODAY (previously SWFC) Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
For some reason the titles/theme reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxp2pAcEvVc

...anyone else? Wink

8 days later

BE
benjy
Anyone have any idea of the Ratings for this? Can't think they'll be great, just interested.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/20/itv-after-the-news-bbc-newsnight-ratings

Seems to be doing quite well.
SJ
sjhoward Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
benjy posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/20/itv-after-the-news-bbc-newsnight-ratings

Seems to be doing quite well.

As will all such things, it probably depends on how you want to spin it.

550,000 viewers is barely more than a third of what News at Ten attracted in the 10.30 slot. On those figures, I wouldn't be surprised if The Nightly Show + News at 2230 delivered a higher average number of viewers across the 10pm hour than News at Ten + After the News.

If the aim is to extend the evening peak to cram in more high-price ads, it doesn't look like a success. If the aim is to bolster ITV's current affairs reputation, then beating Newsnight looks good.
sjhoward.co.uk

Newer posts