The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
For those of you who had digital at the time, did you actually watch UK Today or switch back to analogue?
LS
Lou Scannon
For those of you who had digital at the time, did you actually watch UK Today or switch back to analogue?

I tended to indulge in the novelty value of watching UK Today.
IS
Inspector Sands
The regional bit is a nice touch.

It's a odd item because as nice as it is to do, it doesn't really add much and seemed a bit pointless. If they'd crossed over to Norwich about the story and they had a guest that Stuart White could interview about it then I can see the point.

As it was it just seemed like an excuse to get a regional presenter on air for a bit of banter.

Quote:
It's a shame they only went to two regions, although I wonder whether doing that contribution is operationally awkward for the regional teams while they are trying to get their programmes together?

At that time of day it's probably not that bad to do, just after lunch break and its a while until 6:30. Not that it wouldn't require many of the crew to do. Until fairly recently they all used to do a bulletin around that time of course
JA
Jarv
Liked how tweets were displayed on screen but feel they need to display more than one or it could become abit gimicy
HA
harshy Founding member
That theme music to Afternoon Live is so good, I thought Newsroom Lives was good but Afternoon Live easily beats it, so dramatic will have to make a recording and put it through the amp 😁
WO
Worzel
BBC News has been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century over the last few years. I know some on here don't like branded strands and especially the cutbacks in terms of presenters/double headed slots and reduction in domestic NC hours, but I think they're making up for it with some top notch presentation.

Compare it to the 2008-2013 N6 era with presenters glued to the desk and an overtly serious look, it's night and day. I remember suggesting some presentation similar to AL in 2009-2010 and being told it was a cack idea, 'too tabloid', dumbing down etc. It seems people and times have finally moved on and it wasn't such a daft idea after all. Wink

Basically, BBC News can still have that authoraititive feel - with a more varied presentation style (hopefully attracting a younger audience, which they need to do!).
Last edited by Worzel on 9 October 2017 10:52pm
BK
bkman1990
After watching the Youtube video; I was really impressed with the theme music.

Overall the titles for Afternoon Live were excellent. A lot better than the titles on Newsroom Live.
LL
London Lite Founding member

A bit of both, largely due to the fact that the channel on my OnDigital box was already on channel 1, so left it on.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Bail posted:

But back to Afternoon Live... can they trim the 0.5 second gap at the start of the headline bed on spot on, when it restarts for each headline sounds disjointed. #pedantic

I think it would sound better with a longer vamp and playing the thunderclaps in over it rather than restarting, even with that gap removed.
JA
james-2001
Victoria Derbyshire has a very special guest this morning

It's still not Bounce- Dog though.
RA
radiolistener
I thought the biggest shock was that VD was presenting her own show this morning.
JA
Jarv
Such a depressing two hours of television

Newer posts