The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
Jarv posted:
Hope it's rolling news focused and not that fluff we get between and 9-11

And hopefully more towards Newsroom Live.

Did to use different angles lighting otherwise it’s pretty much the same.
RK
Rkolsen
AlexS posted:
I wonder if it means that Rachel Horne will be the permanent biz presenter on the bulletin?

They're hardly going to advertise that the writer of this tweet is one of their supposedly impartial business presenters .

I’m slightly confused what does Egon have to do with Rachel? Was he the Biz presenter before that time slot?

His tweet wasn’t even that bad I’ve seen posts by other anchors, cameramen and other support staff that are much worse in impartiality. I’ve seen a ton of anti Trump tweets (don’t ask me to find them but I’m sure you’ve seen them) when he was elected (that I agree with) but didn’t seem to bat an eye.
CH
chris
Quite a nice opening sequence. Certainly more different than Newsroom Live. Sport and weather presenters part of the 'coming up'.
SJ
sjhoward
chris posted:
Quite a nice opening sequence. Certainly more different than Newsroom Live. Sport and weather presenters part of the 'coming up'.

Agree that it's a nice sequence - though slightly strange to have a weather "coming up" promo seconds after the TOTH weather forecast.
JA
Jarv
Nice idea linking with the local BBC Newsrooms
RA
radiolistener
Jarv posted:

It's a very old idea..... but thats the point I think.

And it's going wrong like the old days.
JA
Jarv
I'm to young to remember it first time around!
PA
parrferris
They invoked Nationwide, so inevitably the first link-up to regional news studios went horribly wrong. A great idea though, and surprising really that it hasn't been done before.
RA
radiolistener
Blimey Michael Barrett is still with us.

Looks older than Moses though.
PA
parrferris
Good grief, Michael Barratt is a studio guest. I have to admit that I had no idea he was still with us.
RA
radiolistener
He's nearly 90!
RO
rob Founding member
Jarv posted:

The ITV News Channel did it during the 2004-5 era, known as "UK Today"

Newer posts