TV Home Forum

Turner eyes rescue deal for TruTV

UPDATE: Sony has apparently bought embattled channel (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Wow, that's over triple what anything got on that channel in that week in April listed earlier in the thread. Lesson learned for them, I think. Show more talent shows and less paranormal junk.

18 days later

:-(
A former member
What are sony going to do with this channel? The rating are still not any better than there were under Tuner. It just seems weird there still carry on with this dead duck of a channel? Surly there would merge it with its other channels to and beef up Tru Crime etc and get that on to Freeview while moving other non crime stuff on to True Entertainment?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Looking at the BARB figures for TruTV ending 2nd July, America's Got Talent had 184k.

Does that include the viewers of TruTV on Made TV?
TM
tmf9
The simulcast on Made TV is rated separately under the name Tru TV Simulcast.

That particular week [w/e 2 Jul 2017] the figures for America's Got Talent were:

184k on tru TV
18k on +1
26k on Made
London Lite and bilky asko gave kudos
TT
TellyTime
What are sony going to do with this channel? The rating are still not any better than there were under Tuner. It just seems weird there still carry on with this dead duck of a channel? Surly there would merge it with its other channels to and beef up Tru Crime etc and get that on to Freeview while moving other non crime stuff on to True Entertainment?

Yes that's the obvious thing to do and so has been said before but it depends on how long the arrangement for Turner handling the advertising sales lasts.
A former member
Is that information commercially sensitive?
TT
TellyTime

Yes
A former member

Yes

Then were never find out until it ends.
A former member
Here a gem from the US TRUTV, think of Last week tonight without the preachiness or political opinion being rammed down your throat, which unfortunately it become.

Jeffmister and dvboy gave kudos
DB
dbl
So disappointed that it's only available on Tru TV US, really good series.

Thank god for the internet. *ahem*

64 days later

A former member
I know I keep asking but surely there going do something with this channel?
RE
Rex
I know I keep asking but surely there going do something with this channel?

Nothing’s really happened with TruTV, if recent memory goes by.

The schedules are still largely the same, although Sony have decided to show a 9pm film on the channel every few days.

Newer posts