The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
What new stuido? I thought that was hogwash?
SK
Skygeek
What new stuido? I thought that was hogwash?

Before a big row blows up, I never said the notion of a new studio (in addition to the glass box) was hogwash, only that what was described by somebody was way off-base. As for the date, I think it would be wisest not to comment.

Nice seeing everybody!
EE
EastEngland
TOTH fail at 3pm.

Timing Out and all images on the website, tablet, and phone were black with a white Sky News logo on top with nothing else followed by a Decision Time Logo.

Kay Burley said Fix that as it was happening.
RH
richard h
Sunrise live from Las Vegas this morning with Mark Austin presenting
bkman1990 and London Lite gave kudos
NJ
news junkie
Apologies if it’s already been mentioned, but a new channel has appeared on Virgin (and presumably sky), Sky Ocean. Seems it starts at 7am tomorrow but with Gillian Joseph covering an ocean conference in Malta from 730 and the short films that have appeared across sky will also be interspersed throughout the day. Posted here as Sky News have very closely followed the campaign and probably doesn’t warrant a separate topic.

Virgin 244
AG
AxG
https://skyoceanrescue.com/sky-ocean-rescue-pop-up-channel-to-launch/
UB
UBox
This is a good idea in my opinion. The channel will also be livestreamed on YouTube:
UB
UBox
I know this isn't really the place but it doesn't constitute a mock. I created what I expect the new Sky News logo will look like:
Newsroom24, Stuart and cyberdude gave kudos
WO
Worzel
UBox posted:
I know this isn't really the place but it doesn't constitute a mock. I created what I expect the new Sky News logo will look like:

Be careful, it'll end up as the logo for the Radio Times listing if you're not careful. Very Happy
DA
DAS Founding member
UBox posted:

Be careful, it'll end up as the logo for the Radio Times listing if you're not careful. Very Happy

It's pretty close - just a few slight differences in kerning and weight but not a million miles away.
IT
Ittr
UBox posted:

Is there any chance you could do one for Sky Arts please as I don't know whether Arts will keep the multi-colour logo or go back to purple.
DK
DanielK
UBox posted:

Is there any chance you could do one for Sky Arts please as I don't know whether Arts will keep the multi-colour logo or go back to purple.

How would UBox know? The above is just theit prediction...

Newer posts