(January 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BE
Bert75
Just be nice for change
RE
Rex
Just be nice for change

ITV2 had a refresh two years ago as it became more of a youth-focused channel after ITVBe launched.

Again, ITV doesn’t need a refresh. The current branding is the strongest it’s been for years. And why throw away the wide range of 200+ idents they can choose from?
XQ
XQD
Just be nice for change

Change for the sake of it is silly, especially in the world of TV branding, I feel.

Especially when you consider recent re-brand disasters such as CBBC.
JO
Joe
LCL92 posted:
Just be nice for change

Change for the sake of it is silly, especially in the world of TV branding, I feel.

Especially when you consider recent re-brand disasters such as CBBC.

Why is it a disaster, and according to who?
DB
dbl
I wouldn't call the CBBC rebrand a disaster at all, in fact it was a step back in the right direction from the faux broom cupboard era.

9 days later

:-(
A former member
Is there an X-Factor break bumper?
AE
AlexEdohHD13
I hope itv refresh soon like they refreshed itv2 in 2015 2 years after the rebrand

Why? This is some of the best ITV presentation since 1999 in my opinion.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Anybody else read that as itv advertisement introduces? what should it be advertisement itv introduces? Itv introduces advertisement? The wording needs a rethink. Advertisement premiere would work better imo.

Agreed.
BE
Bert75
I don't agree that itv is at it best at presentation 2001 one was better an idents were idents when lwt was around people idents are just bits of film the ident is the logo like the itv breakbumper there ok but not has good has years ago
A former member
Are ITV playing adverts right now in the jcts? We all know ITV likes to fatten up the main X factor programme with adverts thus the early jcts get promos but its seems there showing adverts. That is a bit weird.

12 days later

A former member
I dont want to start a new thread but what happened over on itv2 with the ident? Over the past couple of nights have not seen ANY of the January 2016 additional film clips which were used to mix up the idents. Ive I been very unlucky or have there been taken out?
CY
cyberdude
I dont want to start a new thread but what happened over on itv2 with the ident? Over the past couple of nights have not seen ANY of the January 2016 additional film clips which were used to mix up the idents. Ive I been very unlucky or have there been taken out?

The ident clips are randomised, and controlled by some sort of computer, which makes me think it could just be coincidental.

Newer posts