TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KU
Kunst
Except purple just doesn't look as nice, especially with the current surrounding pres they have now

And there still are slight differences in terms of colour palettes which make "Cinema" recognisable
RE
Rex
The new Sky Cinema logo, somehow reminds me of this...

ToasterMan and JetixFann450 gave kudos
EE
EastEngland
Still looks quite red to me. Perhaps it's just the photo. Purple would be a good colour for movies, seeing as Sports and News already use red as their main colour. Helps create a different brand/theme instead of it all looking similar.

It looked purple from the shot I saw on Sky Sprots earlier but it was from a side on shot so possible colour bleed.
JA
JAS84
That new Cinema logo looks the same colour as the current one to me.
PF
PFML84
Apart from the lower-case "cinema", yeah, it does.
ST
Stuart
It also looks the same colour to me. It would be nice if they did change it to purple, as was often the dominant colour for Sky Movies. Is the Cinema brand now well enough established for them to be able to change the colour?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gNSDxS3gxRY/UrCl4saxqjI/AAAAAAAAADw/r-nthI1I5GU/s1600/sky_uk_movies.png
As others have said, red is used for sports and news. Since Sky Arts' makeover, they no longer use purple; I think the only other brand is Sky Bingo (although a very different shade of purple), and nobody is likely to get Bingo mixed up with Cinema.
http://www.ballsupbingo.co.uk/images/skybingo/logo-header.jpg
RE
Rex
Sky Living’s new set of idents has been revealed - courtesy of Sky Creative.

They’re only screenshots, but they look infinitely better compared to the outgoing set of idents.

And looking through Sky Creative’s Twitter handle, it’s now safe to say that we’re indeed losing the ‘1’ on Sky One.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Yes, very much looks like it...

:-(
A former member
So were at least getting something half decent from Living?

Sky Living’s new set of idents has been revealed - courtesy of Sky Creative.

They’re only screenshots, but they look infinitely better compared to the outgoing set of idents.

And looking through Sky Creative’s Twitter handle, it’s now safe to say that we’re indeed losing the ‘1’ on Sky One.
CY
cyberdude
Any idea about launch?
AG
AxG
I wonder what's next then, Sky Atlantic, Sky 2 (if they persist on keeping it), Sky News will also be the odd one out using uppercase and a different light effect. Then comes the other non-TV brands like Sky Bet, Sky Bingo etc which still use the pre-2009 font.
ST
Stuart

That's a shame. I thought they had something with the animated '1' that could have been developed further.

However, following the changes to the sports genre, none of their channels will now contain a numeral, so it would have been odd (assuming '2' becomes sky two).

EDIT: I've just thought, there is actually no reason to lose the '1' character from the idents, just because the logo becomes sky one. (Think BBC Two)
Last edited by Stuart on 20 September 2017 7:40pm

Newer posts