TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Only the first set were real, the later idents were composited
VM
VMPhil
As I've remarked previously, I would love to see idents in the style of the Balloons where they film the beautiful landscapes of the UK, but not necessarily with the balloon.
RE
Rex
dbl posted:
The balloons would look rather outdated now. The channel is trying to aim for more younger viewers as the average viewing age goes up, we should be thinking of the future. If anything an identity that can tie itself to BBC One's most popular programmes. They need to review how they do junctions and continuity on the channel, it's rather stagnant.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/07/bbc-annual-plan-bbc-one-to-target-16-34.html

Seeing that all three of the main BBC channels have high average viewing ages - filling the hole left by the BBC THREE linear channel is a sound idea for BBC ONE - but it really does need presentation that is witty, sophisticated and thought-provoking to everyone. It’s currently stuck in its own ‘dull and worthy’ dimension with Oneness.
RE
Rex
There daytime lineup will need to be gutted out. Mind you the only two things I really liked when back when I was 18ish on BBC one daytime was Neighbours and 2.10 Classic Drama: Quincy, DM, MSW and Bergerac. I dont think BBC one will want to muck around with the daytime will there?

The daytime programming on ONE is relatively cheap and rates decently - but they wouldn’t alienate the older audience watching the likes of Doctors, Pointless and Escape to the Country.

For young audiences, surely they’d target prime time, wouldn’t they?
:-(
A former member
If you go by some people views, most older people traveling to much on there free bus passes while the young are lazy and unemployed. IE watching daytime tv.
WI
Wicko
With no new "oneness" masterpiece revealed in September, can we start hoping that this is the beginning of the end for them? Maybe with Strictly starting properly on Saturday, a return to the circles idents is on the cards? Or is that just hope and naivety talking?
JB
JasonB
Wicko posted:
With no new "oneness" masterpiece revealed in September, can we start hoping that this is the beginning of the end for them? Maybe with Strictly starting properly on Saturday, a return to the circles idents is on the cards? Or is that just hope and naivety talking?

Oneness might outlive the hippos.
BE
Bert75
I hope not I hope it the end of oneness bring back the sprout this xmas and in future no more live action people idents but thous idents are no doubt here to stay so if you all like live action people idents I'm happy for you all
DE
DE88
bring back the sprout this xmas

Matthew "Applemask" Harris would HATE that. Laughing Wink

WL
W1LL
I hope not I hope it the end of oneness bring back the sprout this xmas and in future no more live action people idents but thous idents are no doubt here to stay so if you all like live action people idents I'm happy for you all

It speaks volumes when even Sprout Boy is better than Oneness.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Sprout Boy had good intentions. It was just a crap concept that wore thin very quickly.
AlexEdohHD13 and DE88 gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
Sprout Boy had good intentions. It was just a crap concept that wore thin very quickly.

Regardless of my opinions on the character itself, the idents were a major disappointment as they were second fiddle to the extended trailer, and consisted of badly looped animations.
Jonny, DE88 and fanoftv gave kudos

Newer posts