TV Home Forum

Shows that people forget or get lost in time

Classic shows you remember, but the public might not (July 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Channel 4 used to broadcast this:
NT
NorthTonight
A few imports on children's television.. Benji, Zack and the Alien Prince, The Legend of Tyke Tyler and Silas. Was Tyke Tyler the last one on BBC?

( I've considered Heidi and Belle and Sebastian too well known! Along with Huckleberry Finn )
JA
james-2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caqY1CZ60hM

Christ, I saw the thumbnail for this on the "more videos" tab there and recognised it straight away... my sister had this on video and used to watch it repeatedly in the early 90s...

One thing I really remember about the video is after the cartoon on the tape it was followed by several adverts for the toy line... just to make sure you pestered your parents to go out and buy it.

Not sure if it was ever shown on TV or not, but it was a part of my childhood due to how many times I had to watch it...
RO
robertclark125
BBC Scotland political programme, Left right and centre.

Also from up here, the Friday night sports preview show Friday Sportscene, and the STV equivelant, Scotsport extra time.
A former member

Also from up here, the Friday night sports preview show Friday Sportscene, and the STV equivelant, Scotsport extra time.

A very clever placement for that promo just before the million of viewers going into Neighbours, and I dare say one of the only time back then when Glasgow would do the CA in to Neighbours. there were quick of the mark.
JA
james-2001
Kirsty Wark doesn't seem to have changed much in 30 years!
ukpetey, Si-Co and DE88 gave kudos
DA
davidhorman
He-Man and She-Ra had those little lessons at the end too

And Bravestar (speed of a bear, eyes of a puma!). One episode was quite a harrowing depiction of drug addiction.
NT
NorthTonight

Prior to this was " Agenda " which was laterally broadcast on Sunday afternoons about 1.25pm
MA
madmusician
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caqY1CZ60hM

..and this!

And in searching for that video, I've just seen that Netflix is bringing it back!
Last edited by madmusician on 18 September 2017 10:23pm
A former member
Few other gems from Channel 4 era

Space Patrol with Cats I remember that or was it police but it was with cats.

This was Surreal, it was pretty near the bone, his parents were killed off in the first episodes
XI
Xilla
Although Channel 4 used to cut them off on Sonic. Not that they'd have known they'd have become an internet meme 15-20 years later! They were left in when GMTV2 and Pop repeated them in the mid-00s though (and on the DVDs).

(and it's almost a thing people forget that Channel 4 ever used to show kids programmes as well!)

TCC also initially cut them when they started showing Sonic IIRC, but later restored them.

Speaking of old cartoons. When was the last time the 1980s Hanna Barbara produced Popeye cartoons were shown? Seemed to be a CBBC mainstay for many years
TL
toby lerone 2016
People will remember Animaniacs and spin off Pinky and the Brain which were mainstays of CBBC and CITV in the 1990s/early 2000s however a forgotten cartoon was spin off Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain where Pinky and the Brain moved away from their lab to Elmyra Duff's house from Tiny Toon Adventures. After googling this during the final series of Pinky and the Brain the Warner Bros network wanted to add an extra character and the producers of Pinky and the Brain were very unhappy about this but the result was Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain. The producers were so annoyed they added lyrics in the theme song which include the lyrics It's what the network wants, why bother to complain? " and the Brain stating at the end I deeply resent this . No surprise after this series ended the show also came to an end.

Newer posts