TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Oh isn't it good to see the Kites again! (Kayakers: NI, Mountain Rescue: Scotland, Tandem Cyclists: Wales)

Last edited by A former member on 7 September 2017 11:32pm - 2 times in total
RE
Rex
Oh isn't it good to see the Kites again!

Yes it is!

Feels like a long time since it last was on the channel.
A former member
Its pretty bad the current idents are so bad there make the old kites etc look great.
A former member
Its pretty bad the current idents are so bad there make the old kites etc look great.

The original Kites was better still Wink
Jeffmister, nodnirG kraM and AlexEdohHD13 gave kudos
DP
D.Page
Bongo posted:
Was good to see the Kites ident and jingle used at 10:35 tonight.

Full 1080 res copy. It sometimes pays to have hard drives capturing all junctions!:

paul_hadley, Justin and FBC gave kudos
DA
davidhorman
Iffy sound on Doctor Foster with similar audio issues to SS:GB earlier this year. This is on the HD channel.

Is this the same as what you meant or did you notice something else?

Exactly as you mentioned.

If it's still bad next time, try SD (assuming you're not on SD already) and see if the sound is any clearer.
MA
Markymark
Iffy sound on Doctor Foster with similar audio issues to SS:GB earlier this year. This is on the HD channel.

I noticed general speech was very quiet yet music and other sounds seems much louder.
I normally have my tv of volume 16, sometimes up to 18, but I had to have it on 20 last night just to hear them all speaking properly, yet had to turn it down a couple of times as bits got very loud.

Is this the same as what you meant or did you notice something else?

Exactly as you mentioned.

I watched it last night. Listening in 5.1 the rear channels were far too loud, drowning out the speech from the centre/front. Very poor mix. The best 5.1 mixed drama comes from the other side of the Atlantic, we can't seem to get it right here
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Really says how bad Oneness is when I'm finding Kites nostalgic. It's only been 9 months as well!
AG
AxG

The original Kites was better still Wink

IIRC the kites on the 'original' ident were a lot faster and sporadic as seen on videos before the launch, when they were slowed down.

Compare the version on the showreel: (from idents.tv)
http://beohm.com/identica/uk/newbbc/bbc1kites.mp4
And the version used from day 1 of the circles:
http://beohm.com/identica/uk/newbbc/broadcastBBConekites.mp4
JO
Jonny
I'd be up for a gradual reversion to the Circles tbh.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The current Strictly trail could easily be re-edited into a circles ident.
DP
D.Page
The current Strictly trail could easily be re-edited into a circles ident.

I've thought this also.

Newer posts