This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JexedBack
Lighting on the wall behind the sofa was very distracting
Last edited by JexedBack on 4 September 2017 11:50pm
UB
UBox
Lightning on the wall behind the sofa was very distracting

The texture of those wall panels mean they need lighting from the top and bottom otherwise you end up with awfully jarring shadows like they have. Overall a poor refresh and the walls just need some clutter or some tables beside them.
RD
RDJ
The shots of Lorraine in the new titles just seem to look very similar to her JD Williams adverts. And the Live, Laugh, Love taglines are horribly tacky. I quite like the new music however.

This shot just shows how cold and bare the set seems. Even Lorraine said herself that she feels as if the studio has been burgled and that it's quite a stark change.

AE
AlexEdohHD13
I think Lorraine put it best by asking where everything had gone! Even though it's a smaller set, it does look massive because there's nothing in it. The whole set looks far too dark, it looks like a dodgy nightclub.

The music isn't bad, but the titles and stings are awful. As somebody else said it looks like an advert.

Now that they've seemingly dropped the cooking segments, they would have been far, far better off using the sofa in the GMB studio with some different cushions, some accessories on the side tables, some soft pink lighting and a different background on the screens. They could have had that mini desk in the screen area as well.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
:-(
A former member
Where the kitchen?
VM
VMPhil
RDJ posted:
The shots of Lorraine in the new titles just seem to look very similar to her JD Williams adverts. And the Live, Laugh, Love taglines are horribly tacky. I quite like the new music however.

This shot just shows how cold and bare the set seems. Even Lorraine said herself that she feels as if the studio has been burgled and that it's quite a stark change.

This was the wide shot I was talking about in my previous post - it makes the studio look very big and empty.
:-(
A former member
I must be looking at something different to everyone else, I thought it looked great. Certainly not dark.
FA
fanoftv
Am I the only that quite likes the new theme and titles? My only gripe with the titles is that I'd have liked to have seen more outfits, though I suppose it would have definitely looked like a JD Williams advert.
I like the approach to it, and it gives it a lot more energy imo. It also seems like the trailer was made up of elements of the titles rather than the previous titles that were made up of a slowed version of the trailer.

As for the set, it feels very half hearted keeping certain elements and replacing others. Though with the sofa on a pedestal, and a simple desk it looks a lot easier to set than the last with its many pieces of furniture.

I'll be surprised if there's no kitchen of any form, only two months ago I completed a survey asking for favourite chefs from the programme.

The lighting needs tweaking. They're clearly trying to replicate the blue & pink behind, which works well, however it doesn't come across quite dark on screen.

I do miss the homely pieces. I loved the line about Dan having her photos at home, that was a lovely idea with her and the family, though I suppose that version of the set was about making it into a home.

The sofa, whilst easy to strike leaves an odd distance between Lorraine and the guest when there's only one.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I like the new theme at least. So easy to judge the set based on one airing, but has potential.
JK
JKDerry
When they move to Television Centre I do wonder which studio Lorraine will be in. TC2 is the smaller studio which I feel would suit GMB and Lorraine, which is why her new set is so bare, easy to to fit maybe into TC2, with Loose Women and This Morning sharing TC3 which is 8,000 Sq Ft fully without audience seating.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Loose Women and This Morning can't be in the same studio as they are on after each other.

I'm sure the only reason people want Lorraine to share th GMB studio is so there can be pages of discussion about changes to how the set is dressed each day, and how different parts are used.
JO
Jon
Still thinking the plan is for Loose Women to share broadly the same set after seeing it this morning. It would explain the screens and why it's so generic. The set looks like the bit with the desk will be taken out for the audience.

Would it be feasible that those two share a set and they squeeze the GMB and This Morning set in the same studio facing each other.
Last edited by Jon on 4 September 2017 7:15pm

Newer posts