TV Home Forum

Lorraine September 2017 onwards

Lorraine’s new look (August 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVFan2017
UBox posted:
A few of you have mentioned theres been a trailer with a polka dot design. Is there a link to this trailer somewhere?

I've had a look and can't find anything on YouTube but it aired just after GMB Today yesterday morning.

Thankyou. On Twitter The Lorraine page has had the profile and cover photos updated.

Edit: The brilliant TVDP uploaded the trailer to youtube (At the end of the clip). And is it just me or does the music sound like a new theme tune? Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efNkrcX6mU8

Might just be me but does anyone else hear a hint of the GMB Melody in that advert clip?
CH
chris
If the rumours are true and the show is being more aligned to GMB, it's quite funny how we have come full circle so many times.

Top of the Morning etc were very much aligned to GMTV, then she moved to a different set and it was called LK Today, then back to GMTV with Lorraine. 2010 saw it become a very different show in a different studio, then in 2012 Lorraine was so embedded she even presented Daybreak. A quite different direction from 2014 and GMB and now we're back to them realigning.

I give it til 2019 when they decide Lorraine needs a separate look and feel only for 2022 see her align with the new ITV breakfast show 'Good Dawnbreak'.
BR
Brekkie
They're not rumours, they're comments made here as an over reaction to an innocent post on Twitter which then take on a life of their own and seemingly becone fact.
Last edited by Brekkie on 2 September 2017 6:34pm
VM
VMPhil
chris posted:
2010 saw it become a very different show in a different studio…

This was more of a mish-mash between it being integrated and separate, as the logo, titles, graphics and so on were definitely designed to complement the Daybreak graphics, even so far as having a big clock on the kitchen wall (Daybreak had a a clock behind the sofa on the original set). But as you say it was in its own studio and had its own colour scheme. All very nice and still holds up well today, better than some of the more recent rebrands IMO.
Newsroom24, Brekkie and fanoftv gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
It does stand up well today, I agree Phil.

A lovely homely set, gentle theme, a simple opening that worked well with Lorraine and her friends, and a nice entrance too.
VM
VMPhil
If you look closely at the clock you can see that the introduction was pre-recorded just before they went on air.

This was also the time when the studio Lorraine was in was still SD, but Daybreak was HD, so there was a noticeable drop in quality whenever Daybreak handed over to Lorraine, and a noticeable boost in quality when Lorraine handed back over to the Daybreak studio for the news during her programme.

Granada's regional news was still SD at this time so if you were on ITV1 HD in the Granada region there was a terrible picture roll and jump as it switched back and forth at the start and end of the Daybreak bulletins.
RD
RDJ
If you look closely at the clock you can see that the introduction was pre-recorded just before they went on air.

You mean the clock on the wall. I've been replaying the clip and staring at the on-screen clock for ages until I've realised that!

The Lorraine theme replicated the Daybreak theme and still did to this day. Naturally it needed a new theme and therefore it would probably be no surprise if it's similar to the GMB theme. I'm guessing they're going to be trying to get the shows more closely intertwined together as they'll more than likely be sharing studios in a years time at TVC.
VM
VMPhil
RDJ posted:

You mean the clock on the wall. I've been replaying the clip and staring at the on-screen clock for ages until I've realised that!

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear (I thought I was as I referred to the wall clock in my last post) Smile
NW
nwtv2003
Granada's regional news was still SD at this time so if you were on ITV1 HD in the Granada region there was a terrible picture roll and jump as it switched back and forth at the start and end of the Daybreak bulletins.

Oh I forgot how horrible that was. See the clip here to prove this, there was also a blip from the ITV1 HD ident going to the last GMTV...

AN
Andrew Founding member
Lorraine has had quite a few looks during the last 15 years

LK TODAY 2002

LK TODAY 2004

LK TODAY 2007

GMTV WITH LORRAINE 2009

LORRAINE (Daybreak MkI era) 2010

LORRAINE (Daybreak MkII era) 2012

LORRAINE (GMB era) 2014

LORRAINE 2016
DE88, BroadcastWales and Newsroom24 gave kudos
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Lorraine doesn't really need a separate studio. Must take a lot of effort / resource to strike that set every day, especially when the GMB set would be entirely suitable.

Anyway here is a clean version of the theme from the 'GMTV with Lorraine' era

VM
VMPhil
That era of GMTV was supposed to have an entirely new theme tune, but it was ditched at the last minute so the main GMTV programme just re-used the last GMTV Today theme, and GMTV with Lorraine used an even older GMTV Today theme as a stop-gap measure until new versions were created.

Newer posts