TV Home Forum

Lorraine September 2017 onwards

Lorraine’s new look (August 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
But a studio kitchen doesn't need to be much, a big enough worktop with a glorified camping stove and a sink that needn't be connected to anything other then draining into a bucket. Anything that needs to go in an oven can use a disconnected prop - here's one I made earlier style.

It can easily be a temporary bit of set wheeled into position when required.
FA
fanoftv
is there much prop storage for studio 5?
WH
Whataday Founding member
But a studio kitchen doesn't need to be much, a big enough worktop with a glorified camping stove and a sink that needn't be connected to anything other then draining into a bucket. Anything that needs to go in an oven can use a disconnected prop - here's one I made earlier style.

Yes, in fact on its last set didn't GMTV wheel the news desk out and a kitchen in whenever it was required?
FA
fanoftv
Very true. I'm not sure if the gmb set is a good design for Lorraine, since having her own set it has a homely feel. It'd sit much better sharing with This Morning (obviously time restraints may prevent that).
WH
Whataday Founding member
I wouldn't be surprised if Lorraine's set will be the sofa area lit differently with the polka dot pattern on the screens behind instead of the skyline
TV
TVDP
Yes, and it's why they us the blue corner for GMB Today and not the sofa area ? Maybe
SP
Steve in Pudsey
It's established that Lorraine doesn't need to be live, so it could be recorded on the This Morning set in the afternoon if necessary.
AA
Aaron_2015

Yeah that's a good point. They could easily lay down a vinyl over the floor in the soft area and just wheel in a kitchen. In fact, the kitchen they have been using will be on wheels so they could just use that one. Similarly, the cat walk could just be assembled in the soft area.

If GMB do the final 10 minutes or so from the desk (as they have been doing a lot recently) that gives them around 15 minutes to make any changes to the sofa area that they need to.
UB
UBox
There's a couple of ways they could do it. They could have a catwalk either
A) In the performance area with the model coming from the gap to behind the glass doors.
B) Coming through the doors to the balcony/fire escape and around into the blue corner.

You could have a kitchen in either of those places either or even directly opposite the desk if the lighting was re-plotted slightly.

I do like the idea of joining GMB and Lorraine more. It not only makes it easier for the eventual move to TVC but GMB has been improving its reputation recently so it makes sense to capitalise on both brands. I still wish they'd change the name of Lorraine though as it makes so little sense when she's on holiday. Using the GMB studio would be a step in the right direction so the normal team could do the last hour while she's away. I say either rename it "GMB Today" or "GMB with Lorraine" if they studio share.

It'd be easiest for Lorraine to share with This Morning though as they already have a kitchen and catwalk area.
BW
BroadcastWales
A few of you have mentioned theres been a trailer with a polka dot design. Is there a link to this trailer somewhere?
UB
UBox
A few of you have mentioned theres been a trailer with a polka dot design. Is there a link to this trailer somewhere?

I've had a look and can't find anything on YouTube but it aired just after GMB Today yesterday morning.
BW
BroadcastWales
UBox posted:

I've had a look and can't find anything on YouTube but it aired just after GMB Today yesterday morning.

Thankyou. On Twitter The Lorraine page has had the profile and cover photos updated.

Edit: The brilliant TVDP uploaded the trailer to youtube (At the end of the clip). And is it just me or does the music sound like a new theme tune? Smile
Last edited by BroadcastWales on 2 September 2017 1:02pm

Newer posts