The Gallery

GMB Today -

Recreation of the GMB Today opening. (August 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BruceBBC
I have had a shot of recreating the opening of GMB Today. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to implode and explode the letters like they do, but it is something I'm sure I can work on.

I would also appreciate if those who took the time to vote, could also maybe leave feedback. Maybe suggest ways of approving it...

Last edited by BruceBBC on 27 August 2017 12:10pm - 3 times in total
CN
ClarkNarvas
It looks pretty close, maybe you could recreate the logo then make the letters separate image files, then keyframe them so you can make that implode/explode effect
BB
BruceBBC
Here is the second attempt.
AA
Aaron_2015
There's nothing bad about the few seconds you've posted, but it's not very original or inspiring. Why not spend a little longer and create a full package? Fix the issues with what they have on air, improve it.
NE
Newsroom24
You've done an excellent job at recreating the titles and it is very close to being identical to the real thing. It would be nice to see what a longer title sequence might look like, prehaps 15-20 seconds. As suggested by Aaron_2015 a full package would also be nice to see. One other thing you could do is create a new on-air look, with a different graphics pack to what is actually used along, with a different logo in order to be able to compare it. As what you've done is very accurate to what is actually used as far as I can see, I'd give it a 4/5.
DM
DeMarkay
Last edited by DeMarkay on 28 August 2017 1:08am
BB
BruceBBC
I was never trying to create something new, I was simply showing a recreation... I was planning on releasing more as I got feedback. I was only testing the water before diving head first with a full title sequence. And also, thank you DeMarkay for informing me you posted the very first GMB Today mock, I was aware of that. I do apologise for my ignorance here but, in respect, you put two clips together and added music... Very original Wink
The first two comments included constructive feedback to which I can work on and use to help improve in the future, your comment simply tried to undermine my video by re-posting yours.
DB
dbl
It's a good recreation, but not a mock (obviously). I do think the 2 stars from some users are very unwarranted. It's a good effort.
SP
Spencer
It should be fairly straightforward to recreate the GMB letters popping up and then back down from behind a mask. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials on how to do this in After Effects using a Track Matte.
BB
BruceBBC
It should be fairly straightforward to recreate the GMB letters popping up and then back down from behind a mask. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials on how to do this in After Effects using a Track Matte.

Working on it mate.

35 days later

IT
Ittr
This is a very good and impressive mock. Well done Bruce!

Newer posts