TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
It was before it's time, how many companies since 2000 have rebranded with clean logos just in a font.
IS
Inspector Sands
At least the Carlton version has the *slight* twist of the little T inside the L. Given that there are no letters after the L in Central, and no other consecutive letters in the word that really lend themselves to having one-tucked-inside-another,

And there would have been no reason to do that with 'Central' as there aren't any other words it can morph into like 'Carlton' did. Although the CARLtONDON thing was only really used for the first few months they were on air
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 12 August 2017 6:46am
LS
Lou Scannon
Some of the idents work well imo, having the 'N' and 'T' in common linked well for the emmerdale and Corrie idents.

Yes, it was quite handy that the words Carlton and Central have 6-out-of-7 letters in common. Westcountry, not so much! (Although somebody's mocks on TVF a wee while back show that a Westcountry version of the same style would've looked surprisingly good IMHO)

To my knowledge, there were no idents that made a feature of Central's E (as Carlton obviously couldn't replicate this).

But there were at least a few that made a feature of Carlton's O. At least one of these had a Central variant, oddly. Seeing a superfluous O (representing a football) bouncing around the decidedly O-less word that is Central was a bit of an anomaly.
:-(
A former member

9 days later

JA
JAS84
Catchphrase's last episode of the current series, due this Saturday, has been pre-empted for women's rugby coverage.
FA
fanoftv

I don't think much of the cheap logo at the end of the preview. Hopefully something different will be used on air.
GO
gottago
I've been watching the Edinburgh TV Fest's channel leaders debate and was surprised to find Kevin Lygo praise ITV's regional news programmes and how they arguably pay for themselves with the strong ratings they bring in. Was taken a bit a back by it as I can't remember when regional ITV was even acknowledged by someone so senior at ITV, other than to try and reduce their hours over the years.

https://youtu.be/gfcxrEhTk7I?t=48m20s
:-(
A former member
This is tens later, ITV regional news is completely different before when Michael grade come along to ITV, to be fair it was in a complete utter mess, Im not saying today is 100% perfect but itv have made some effort ( of course Ofcom brought back Border)

Interesting point is he said it cost them £60m, back in 2008 it cost them £40m does that mean value of "ITV" is £60m? Or has itv started spending 30% increase in spending on local news in ten years?

I have notice Weekend news seems to have been cut right back?
GO
gottago

Interesting point is he said it cost them £60m, back in 2008 it cost them £40m does that mean value of "ITV" is £60m? Or has itv started spending 30% increase in spending on local news in ten years?
Well that amount will include inflation since 2008 (about £8 million according to the Bank of England's inflation calculator). Since then they've taken on UTV, Calendar and the extra Border costs. There was also an increase in hours for sub-regions in 2013.

80 days later

CW
CraigWills
ITV Continutiy just after the news said tonight's Holiday Horrors was a "change to the schedule tonight"... What was pulled/dropped does anyone know?
JO
Johnr
ITV3 was showing an episode of the first series of The Syndicate this evening, originally shown on BBC1 about 5 years ago. Is it a common thing for a BBC program to appear on an ITV digital channel?
JA
james-2001
If it was made by ITV themselves it's hardly suprising. Even if it was made by an indie, the BBC wouldn't own it and ITV can buy it in. But ITV3 used to show the Two Ronnies at one point too (presumably they got them as Granada Plus was showing them before they closed), and that was made by the BBC!

Newer posts