TV Home Forum

STV Main Thread:

STV appeal, and Autumn pres is now in use (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SO
SOL
That's definitely Tony Currie.
GL
Gluben
ITV Digital boss Simon Pitts becomes CEO of STV replacing Rob Woodward

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/itv-digital-chief-to-head-stv/5120807.article?blocktitle=News&contentID=44553

Behind a paywall so...

"Simon Pitts, ITV managing director for online, pay TV, interactive and technology, will join STV on 3 January 2018.

Pitts has been with ITV for 17 years and was linked to the vacant top job at the broadcaster as well as the equivalent position at Channel 4.

The appointment comes after Rob Woodward announced in April he would be stepping down as STV chief executive within 12 months.

STV chair Baroness Margaret Ford said the broadcaster had conducted a "thorough and rigorous search process" to find Woodward's replacement.

She added:

The combination of Simon’s sector experience, drive and track record in delivering strategic change makes him an ideal candidate to lead STV’s next phase of growth.

Pitts said: "I have got to know STV well during my time at ITV and I'm excited by the opportunity to lead a company with such a strong brand and relationship with its audience."

STV has a network affiliate agreement with ITV to broadcast shows in Scotland. A listed company in its own right, STV holds a "channel three" licence for the majority for Scotland.

Shares in STV rose 2.65 per cent in morning trading.

(source cityam.com)"
Newsroom24 and London Lite gave kudos
:-(
A former member
STV will be 60th years old in less than 2 weeks...

Here is STV 50th:

WH
Whataday Founding member
Here's a little ponder...

As we know, STV is now an affiliate of ITV, paying a flat fee for its programming. Separately to that they hold a Channel 3 licence. If for whatever reason they lost or gave up the Channel 3 licence, could they in theory continue as an affiliate of ITV?
A former member
Here's a little ponder...

As we know, STV is now an affiliate of ITV, paying a flat fee for its programming. Separately to that they hold a Channel 3 licence. If for whatever reason they lost or gave up the Channel 3 licence, could they in theory continue as an affiliate of ITV?

No. the deal is Licensed not STV that holds that affiliation, it why UTV also gained it. It's very unlikely now STV will ever lose it, especially since it gone above and beyond its new operations plus STV2 has pushed the boat out even further.
RD
rdd Founding member
Not so much that the deal is licenced not STV, more that the Broadcasting Act 1990 (s39) requires Channel 3 licencees to put in place Networking Arrangements, so that they collectively provide a common national programming service (ie the ITV Network, at least in the old sense of the term). It seems there was concern that, with the IBA gone, the new C3 licencees might not voluntarily continue to form a network. Indeed the ITC was given the extraordinary power to impose networking arrangements if the licencees didn't do it themselves and its successor Ofcom must still approve them.

The affiliation agreements are effectively the networking arrangements now, so if (and it will never happen, save in the not impossible but unlikely now event STV was taken over by a company other than ITV) the C3 licencees would still be legally compelled to form a network in some shape or fashion.
A former member
Can you explain further? Since it was the court case settled this all?
LA
lambrusco303
Anyone have the new generic promo "Your TV Home" recorded for uploading? (Has Jonathan Ross in it). Would like a closer look. Cool
A former member
Anyone have the new generic promo "Your TV Home" recorded for uploading? (Has Jonathan Ross in it). Would like a closer look. Cool

I managed to get a 30sec one but Im on the hunt for the 60sec one.
Last edited by A former member on 26 August 2017 5:38pm

25 days later

A former member
Just to say the Autumn idents are now being used. I thought I postaged this.

13 days later

A former member
I can now say there is a full lenght Victoria Ident, only took them 3 weeks?
TC
TonyCurrie
Who want to see that rare Classic STV ident again? Which never appeared often, because it often failed of the VT Cart. Can't place the CA Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHaebt2k30

C'est moi.....

Newer posts