The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVViewer256
The 3-7 shift has to be the hardest for the presenter as they're constantly standing up for four hours? (3.5 from September)

Its worth noting that behind the screen theres a mini production area with a desk and a few chairs, so during the breaks they can sit down
DS
DarthSidious
Really dislike the white background for Westminster interviews. Could they not even just relay a video feed of the newsroom background at least? Even a still photo of the houses of Parliament would be better than this. What are they thinking?
NE
Newsroom24
The 3-7 shift has to be the hardest for the presenter as they're constantly standing up for four hours? (3.5 from September)

Perhaps, though some probably quite like standing up as maybe it gives them more energy. Plenty of people in other professions are on their feet for longer periods of time. It's probably not as bad as you'd think.
UBox, dosxuk and Worzel gave kudos
DS
DarthSidious
With all the complaints of the studio being too white - wonder what's worst for the presenters? Overly bright white studio or the green screen room of ITV News? Very Happy
SN
The SNT Three

Perhaps, though some probably quite like standing up as maybe it gives them more energy. Plenty of people in other professions are on their feet for longer periods of time. It's probably not as bad as you'd think.

I can't imagine it's fun for presenters in heels! True, people spend longer on their feet – I've worked 12 hour shifts in a kitchen but wearing comfortable shoes...
NE
Newsroom24

I can't imagine it's fun for presenters in heels! True, people spend longer on their feet – I've worked 12 hour shifts in a kitchen but wearing comfortable shoes...

The only way to know for sure I suppose is to ask them!
DA
Dave Founding member
Sky have blocked their YouTube stream in the UAE... there goes my HD steam.
UB
UBox
It was also blocked in Cyprus where I was yesterday. I don't really understand the point in geo-blocking especially when SkyNews isn't exactly a massive money making venture.
RK
Rkolsen
Any idea for the blocking? Is there the possibility of the channel being added to local satellite & cable and the carriage contracts require it (kind of like how AJE disappeared when AJAM launched).

As for the ads all I saw (maybe there's a N. American AppleTV feed) were for a health company and a middle eastern airline.
DA
Dave Founding member
Any idea for the blocking? Is there the possibility of the channel being added to local satellite & cable and the carriage contracts require it (kind of like how AJE disappeared when AJAM launched).

As for the ads all I saw (maybe there's a N. American AppleTV feed) were for a health company and a middle eastern airline.

Sky News has been available for many years on OSN and Etisalat Elife. The stream has worked since they launched it but must have been blocked in the past 2 weeks while I have been back in the UK.

Ah well, back to watching g BBC World.
TV
TVViewer256
Dave posted:

Sky News has been available for many years on OSN and Etisalat Elife. The stream has worked since they launched it but must have been blocked in the past 2 weeks while I have been back in the UK.

Use a VPN
CI
cityprod
Dave posted:

Use a VPN

But you shouldn't have to. This is a news channel not a premium movie service. It just comes across as insular and pedantic.

Newer posts