The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(August 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Yeah, if there is a demand for it to be ****.
LL
London Lite Founding member

I think the local channels on Freeview are helping satisfy the demand for local output.

I doubt that very much, especially if you live in a That's TV area.
RI
Richard

I think the local channels on Freeview are helping satisfy the demand for local output.

I don't mean they're necessarily any good, but they are there.
RI
Richard
RDJ posted:

Wow 7 minutes of footage there... lots of great bits there!

Antony and Lucy were a great pairing. It makes you realise how Lucy and Tony nowadays just don't have anywhere near the same chemistry despite presenting together for nearly 14 years now.

Granada Reports had a long trubute to Tony Wilson on Thursday night, including clips. It started with a clip of the early 2000s titles and and clip from Tony at the start of a show of that era.
LL
London Lite Founding member

I don't mean they're necessarily any good, but they are there.

But to answer your question that they're satisfying local output, no. Brand awareness of some of these channels is very low, with That's TV in particular having very little publicity for their channels.
BR
Brekkie

Sarcasm doesn't always come across in text.
DE88 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
DJ
DJ Dave
RDJ posted:

Antony and Lucy were a great pairing. It makes you realise how Lucy and Tony nowadays just don't have anywhere near the same chemistry despite presenting together for nearly 14 years now.

Granada Reports had a long trubute to Tony Wilson on Thursday night, including clips. It started with a clip of the early 2000s titles and and clip from Tony at the start of a show of that era.

Yeah I loved it when Tony Wilson and Lucy were presenting the show, and how much better was the 2001 look to that awful thing that came next?
BS
Ben Shatliff
RDJ posted:

Tony Morris and Lucy Meacock are the longest serving presenting team in Granada's history. 14 consecutive years presenting and they work very well together.

Up until September 2003 there were several presenter changes on the programme. The second longest pairing will be Lucy and the late great Bob Greaves from 1992 - 1997.

17 days later

RD
RDJ
Interesting to see that the documentary marking 100 days since the Manchester Attacks which was broadcast nationally was credited as an 'ITV News and Current Affairs Granada Reports' production.

This must be the first time in a very long time a production from one ITV region has gone out nationally (barring the obvious Coronation Street etc.).
BU
buster
RDJ posted:
Interesting to see that the documentary marking 100 days since the Manchester Attacks which was broadcast nationally was credited as an 'ITV News and Current Affairs Granada Reports' production.

This must be the first time in a very long time a production from one ITV region has gone out nationally (barring the obvious Coronation Street etc.).

Yes, it's been almost a year Smile Cardiff made a programme for the network about the Aberfan anniversary, I believe it was credited to "Shiver Cymru" or similar.

61 days later

NW
nwtv2003
Quite a surprise to see Rachel Townsend back on Granada this weekend, I’m right in thinking she’s been presenting Calendar for a while?
BS
Ben Shatliff
Quite a surprise to see Rachel Townsend back on Granada this weekend, I’m right in thinking she’s been presenting Calendar for a while?

Rachel Townsend does both Granada Reports and Calendar. Over recent months we have seen some appearances at Granada.

Newer posts