TV Home Forum

Shows that people forget or get lost in time

Classic shows you remember, but the public might not (July 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Heh, they mentioned that Messiah guy being beaten at Dynablaster on a previous episode... that is, in fact, Bomberman. And I bet they never imagined back in 1993 that Super Mario Kart would end up with seven sequels!
RO
robertclark125
The Piglet Files is getting an airing, weekday breakfasts, on GOLD. That's a series largely forgotten from LWT.
NW
nwtv2003
The Piglet Files is getting an airing, weekday breakfasts, on GOLD. That's a series largely forgotten from LWT.

You don't see Lyndhurst's other LWT sitcom The Two Of Us on often either, not sure if that's been on GOLD.
NL
Ne1L C
Meet The Magoons A great series: https://vimeo.com/30075324
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
According to YouTube uploads Two Of Us was repeated on Granada Plus which presumably means if its going to be repeated anywhere it'll probably be on ITV3.
IS
Inspector Sands
The other long lost 80s LWT sitcom is Me and My Girl with Richard o'Sullivan, Joan Sanderson and Tim Brook Taylor. I can't find much out about what happened to Joanne Ridley who played the girl.
NG
noggin Founding member
The other long lost 80s LWT sitcom is Me and My Girl with Richard o'Sullivan, Joan Sanderson and Tim Brook Taylor. I can't find much out about what happened to Joanne Ridley who played the girl.

Fond memories of that show. Fewer fond memories of another, probably long forgotten, sitcom of around the same era 'That's My Boy' (starring Molly Sugden)
:-(
A former member
Never mention That's my boy and LWT in the same sentence Wink
SJ
sjhoward
BBC One's 2003 Saturday night flop, The Murder Game:

I'm pretty sure they shunted it to a late slot after a few weeks, so bad were the ratings.

And Jamie Theakston's Channel 4 series The Search, which I really enjoyed - but I seem to have been one of a select few...
CL
Closedown
The somewhat redeeming feature of That's My Boy was the appearance of Jennifer Lonsdale, previously star of ATV's The Cedar Tree - somewhat forgotten in its own right, but out on DVD.

Three from the early days of Central that no-one mentions at all these days:

The Home Front - comedy drama written by Peter Tinniswood, starring Brenda Bruce - with her catchphrase 'Am I right? I am'.

Goodnight and God Bless - Donald Churchill as a smarmy comic/game show host, wife played by Judy Loe. Remember a scene where a producer says to Churchill 'Your show keeps the money rolling in so we can concentrate on the significant franchise grabbing stuff..' Cut to an appropriately deflated Churchill.

The Cabbage Patch - Friday at 8.30, iirc, sitcom starring Julia Foster - think I've seen a TV Times clipping suggesting it was by a first-time TV writer - I rather liked it, but how much was due to Julia and how much the jokes I honestly couldn't say.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Gayle's World:

I never really understood the joke of Gayle Tuesday, and even if it worked in small doses, a whole series was stretching it to breaking point. Brenda Gilhooly, for it was for her, now a very successful writer of course - she was a prolific contributor to TV Burp - and funnily enough I saw her revive Gayle Tuesday last year for a charity concert I went to. She seemed a bit out of practice, though, alas.

She was OK in very small doses - I remember her in the audience of An Evening With Lily Savage when she asked a question - a very canny director cut to shots of a rather miffed Samantha Fox.
MZ
Mr Zzzap
Not many people seem to remember this fantastic Gerry Anderson series, 'Lavender Castle'. Aired on CITV around 1999/2000.

Newer posts