TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
I noticed that on The Last Leg last night, when talking about the pay revelations, Josh Widdicombe used the Hippos as an allegory, not the bog snorkellers. The joke would have still worked if the Hippos had only been around for six months; can't say that about "Oneness."
RE
Rex
At least with someone bowling there's actually some "action" after the inital pose, rather than the milling around of most of these idents.

Makes it slightly professional, but not by much.

It’s standard fare as usual.

They really aren't getting any better, are they?

The only thing I admire here is the sheer brass neck of the "creatives" that keeping churning out this bilge. They are doing absolutely nothing to improve this format/concept.

And FFS, why are they persisting with that dreadful glow effect on the 'Oneness' logo?

Someone mentioned PromaxBDA awards earlier. I shouldn't worry about any of this tripe been shortlisted there. But if the creative/marketing industry had an equivalent of the Razzie Awards...

The glow effect does nothing to alleviate the problems with these idents - even if the best intention was to add a bit more oomph. They’ll still use it for the rest of the set.

The idents would have been a bit better if the footage from the stings were included, but still they would be dire.

BBC Creative have lumped themselves in a project that has little scope for improvement. They’re only continuing to churn these idents out, as they had planned to do it throughout the course of the year.
DP
D.Page
Couple of Wild Alaska Live photos from BBC1's twitter feed.

JA
JAS84
What's the context there? Seems odd that the logo is stacked, which usually only happens in the red box i.e. on ECPs.
FA
fanoftv
Presumably like everything with social media, it's been created to maximise the size of the logo within a square photo. Those stills look a lot better than any of the recent BBC One presentation IMO.
Nicky, Custard56 and Brekkie gave kudos
DP
D.Page
Network, you really shouldn't have bothered.

:-(
A former member
JAS84 posted:
What's the context there? Seems odd that the logo is stacked, which usually only happens in the red box i.e. on ECPs.

I know - they're usually so consistent with their branding as well.
FA
fanoftv
What is going on with the logo in that ident, I noticed it on TV as well, it seemed very low quality and flickering a little.
MW
Mike W
What is going on with the logo in that ident, I noticed it on TV as well, it seemed very low quality and flickering a little.

It looks badly keyed - a few of the variants used in the Midlands have the Midlands legend in normal quality and the BBC One logo form up blurry. It's a mess.
A former member
This turned up at 10.30:

A former member
Been in use a few weeks now.
JO
Josh
This turned up at 10.30:

That amount of unused space on the logo is horrendous.

Newer posts