Mass Media & Technology

NOW TV

Now just er...NOW. (October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
Mike516
From what I've been told SS Mix is still not to be deployed on NowTV next week.

In addition to recent PR, Now TV have put out a help article confirming Sky Sports Mix from next week:
https://help.nowtv.com/article/enjoy-more-sky-sports-channels-than-ever-before-from-july-2017
LL
London Lite Founding member
It doesn't say anything about Mix being 'free' for other pass holders with a NOW TV Box, so looks like only SSN will continue to be FTV with a valid pass.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Limited Stock availabilty of 'old black' NOW TV boxes with a monthly sports pass for £24.99 at Argos currently.

Anyone want a couple of fancy paperweights?
DV
dvboy
Australian equivalent Foxtel Now has recently launched, unfortunately it crashed

Unfortunately it seemed to suffer from the same issue Now TV did a couple of years ago, in not being able to cope with the demand for a season premiere of Game of Thrones:

https://www.cnet.com/au/news/foxtel-now-crashes-during-games-of-thrones-premiere/
LL
Not sure everyone has been given the same email, but I've been given a free Sky Sports Day Pass for The Open upon redemption of the link in the email. Like all day passes, they can be kept for a year.
RE
Rex
Not sure everyone has been given the same email, but I've been given a free Sky Sports Day Pass for The Open upon redemption of the link in the email. Like all day passes, they can be kept for a year.

NOW TV have prepped up a link in preparation for the free pass. Haven't received an email though.

Link here: http://www.nowtv.com/promo/free-pass

I'll save it for the opening day of the Premier League.
LL

NOW TV have prepped up a link in preparation for the free pass. Haven't received an email though.

Link here: http://www.nowtv.com/promo/free-pass

I wonder if this time round, NOW TV are drip feeding access to the pass, so there isn't an issue of mass grabbing of the pass? I remember getting a month's pass for £12 and they stopped the offer quickly.
LL
NOW TV is working again with Chrome via the separate NOW TV Player. It has been working with Firefox for a while as well.
DJ
DJGM
NOWTV have launched external Windows software for those of us using Firefox to watch on a PC/Laptop.

You can change channels within a pass from the player, but have to launch from the website

NOW TV Player PQ is 720p, which means for the first time, Win 7 viewers can watch in HD.

I just tried that software. Unfortunately, the installer auto-installs the software to the wrong (non-standard) location. So it's another reason to continue using the NowTV apps on third party devices, such as Xbox (or other consoles). The NowTV box doesn't work on my LAN (as I explained earlier in the thread) and the standalone NowTV player software doesn't even install properly on my PC either.

I hate any software installer* that deliberately deviates from standard installation.

That's just my own personal view ... YMMV.
Wink

*With exception for "portable" software made to be installed on USB sticks or other separate storage.
LL
I had to reinstall the NOW TV Player (from Cisco), but otherwise works fine using Win 7.
DJ
DJGM

I had to reinstall the NOW TV Player (from Cisco), but otherwise works fine using Win 7.

Even though it most probably likely hasn't installed to the standard location for software installations.

Where did it install to BTW ... ?
LL
DJGM posted:

Even though it most probably likely hasn't installed to the standard location for software installations.

Where did it install to BTW ... ?

In a sub folder of the local AppData folder.

Newer posts