TV Home Forum

This Morning

New look and a brand new set - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (August 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mannewskev
https://twitter.com/thismorning/status/886881924731604992

These titles have a slightly different version of the theme, which wasn't used on air.
AL
alexjac0788
'with Eamonn & Ruth' added to this morning's titles.

It took two years to get that added!

And it was still missing on some of the breaks
MA
mannewskev
There's an image of a "This Morning with Phillip and Holly" logo in the new titles.
TO
tomo359
Surely it wouldn't have been too hard to film a few bits especially for the titles with Eamonn and Ruth as well as maybe some of the other show regulars such as Rylan, Alyson etc, they wouldn't have to be as flashy as the scenes with Holly and Phil, but some shots of the various people arriving at the studios, in make up, dress rehearsals, item set ups (cooking, fashion etc) rather than random non-descript shots of revolving doors, studio lights etc
WA
watchingtv
What do 25-35sec titles add to a 2hr programme?

Although its great to have a good set of opening titles, but they have made the effort after such a time they have sufficed without need for change.

Efforts have to be put into the content of the programme.
WH
Whataday Founding member

Oh shall we just close the Forum now then or wait till dawn?
WA
watchingtv

Oh shall we just close the Forum now then or wait till dawn?

its a question, not a statement.
FA
fanoftv
I agree with Tomo that it would have been nice to have Eamonn and Ruth feature backstage preparing. The name addition on today's programme tidies the opening graphic up nicely, just a shame that it's taken them 2 years.

I quite like the ending shot being of the outside of the studio. There's something about it that reminds me of the Big Breakfast titles. Maybe that's what's missing, clips of people in the morning before a zoom towards the studio... OR a fly in with 3D version of programme related items flying past as the camera zooms in.
:-(
A former member
I think these titles look rubbish and are damaging to the brand. That is all.
RD
RDJ
Titles and stings now read as of today 'This Morning with Eamonn and Ruth'.
JB
JasonB
RDJ posted:

Looks a bit messy tweaking during the week. It gives the impression that somebody came up with the idea over the weekend and mashed some shots of back stage together and put what they had ready on air before it was finished.
VM
VMPhil
RDJ posted:

They were like that yesterday from what I saw.

Newer posts