TV Home Forum

Doctor Who (2015)

Expectations (July 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015
I'm still allowed to say I think the BBC did this to tick boxes and caved into people complaining instead of picking something who could bring new life into the series. There been complaints for 20 years about this, you dont just change something because people are unhappy etc. That why I'm not impressed. Lets not forget the BBC spin out reports to people in April abouts stuff.

I also believe someone have failed to understand that certain group within in the Who-fandom who just like the simple continuity, that there views.

I don't think anybody would suggest you weren't allowed to say whatever you wanted to, provided it didn't break the rules.

Out of interest, exactly how many metaphorical boxes does casting one actor tick?
WH
Whataday Founding member
From my experience true Doctor Who fans are never satisfied with the programme. They should be grateful it's getting so much publicity considering how it's limped along the last couple of years.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I'm still allowed to say I think the BBC did this to tick boxes and caved into people complaining instead of picking something who could bring new life into the series.

Er, they did just the latter. Whatever you think of those pesky 'wimmin' being casted, it will rejuvenate the show as much as The Doctor.
ST
Stuart
When the Master became Missy, it certainly injected new life into the character (pun intended), so I don't see a problem with Jodie taking the role of the Doctor. Very Happy
Neil__ and Lou Scannon gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
Mind you if you want an immature comment then... I'd have thought that most Whovians would welcome another female character Wink

Speaking as... erm... "not exactly a ladies' man", I found the programme particularly visually pleasing during the Rory Williams years... Wink
AS
Asa Admin
Seriously, can we stop with the lazy 'jokes'? The fact some members are incapable of having a reasonable debate about this news is quite sad really.

This thread has been a struggle to keep on topic and if it carries on then it'll just be closed.
IS
Inspector Sands
An Australian take on the fuss over a female doctor
LL
London Lite Founding member
Spot on Jodie.

TR
TROGGLES
Asa posted:
Seriously, can we stop with the lazy 'jokes'? The fact some members are incapable of having a reasonable debate about this news is quite sad really.

This thread has been a struggle to keep on topic and if it carries on then it'll just be closed.

If you wouldn't mind answering the copious messages I have sent you enquiring about this warning it would be appreciated. I posted a picture which is doing the rounds about parking a Tardis badly to show just how silly life has become. If that is controversial enough to be removed then This forum has lost all sense of humour and reason. 3 questions to these mysterious moderators and not one has had to decency to reply.
Cavan, Whitnall and Whataday gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
Asa posted:

Oh right, so we can't attempt to bring humour to proceedings in order to relieve some of the tedium? It's not by any means difficult to debate this reasonably, but it's also an incredibly dull debate when carried out without tongue firmly in cheek.
Cavan, Whitnall and TROGGLES gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
I am very disappointed at the near-total lack of engagement with my (and others') posts about e.g. how Whittaker might characterise the part, whether the TARDIS console room will get revamped, etc etc.

You know... the kind of discussions that regenerations normally give rise to.

EDIT: If the mods decide to delete all the recent bickering posts from this thread, then there'll probably be little more than several consecutive posts from me remaining on the lattermost page(s)! And the thread will be about 50% smaller...
Last edited by Lou Scannon on 17 July 2017 10:03pm - 2 times in total
NE
Neil__
Why are so many things frowned upon, it's like the sexist line that two men shouldn't present the news together that's rumbled on social media when it's happened - but when it's two women it's deemed perfectly acceptable.

Even into the 90s, I used to get excited to see two women co-presenting the news as it was so rare.

Newer posts