TV Home Forum

Doctor Who (2015)

Expectations (July 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Let's judge her on her performance and success of the show.
JC
JCB
I'm hoping she'll use the same Dorset accent she used in Broadchurch

Nah, I'm hoping she'll use her real accent and be Yorkshire as f**k!

Quote:
At least Im not a bigot and slag people off for having a different view...

You can't expect to not be challenged when you suggest that the decision to cast a woman as an alien should be subject to some sort of enquiry "to prove without reasonable doubt" it isn't a conspiracy!
AG
AxG
My first thought was 'I've never heard of her', but then ditto that with Eccleston, Tennant, Smith and Calpaldi. So what do I know, will have to wait and see when she's on-screen.
RE
Rex
Going to keep it short and sweet - this is breaking new ground for the show - and certainly in a good way. I’m of the opinion that regardless of race or gender, the next Doctor should be an accomplished and experienced actor. And they’ve done just that.

At the end of the day, it’s the performance and scriptwriting that matters.
CI
cityprod

She is... The Doctor. Whether you like it, or not.
BR
Brekkie
I do think with Jodie they've made a wise choice for the first female doctor. Olivia Colman and Phoebe Waller-Bridge just wouldn't have really been right IMO - especially Olivia who just had too high a profile.
DA
davidhorman
John posted:
Doctor who is a bloke. It's the whole transexuals trying to take overver the gay wagon.

Nurse, he's out of bed again!
Stedixon, bilky asko and scottishtv gave kudos
DP
D.Page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_bSdWEYK8

Video already uploaded earlier in the thread. Keep up.
CI
cityprod

Irrelevant. The video was used to emphasise the point.
TL
toby lerone 2016
They have been lining this up for a while, the master became a woman to test out the water and worked well in my opinion. People have been saying Doctor Who hasn't been as good under Capaldi and I disagree with that completely but they have created a hell of a talking point and with a new show runner next year it will be a total reboot for the show. I will like every doctor reserve judgement until the next series after a few episodes so roll on Christmas Day.
CU
Custard56
Going to keep it short and sweet - this is breaking new ground for the show - and certainly in a good way. I’m of the opinion that regardless of race or gender, the next Doctor should be an accomplished and experienced actor. And they’ve done just that.

At the end of the day, it’s the performance and scriptwriting that matters.

Agreed. Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi were, in my humble opinion, great castings - but let down, again in my humble opinion, by some terribly clunky and convoluted storytelling and writing during Steven Moffat's tenure. Hopefully Whittaker will be supported by an on-form Chris Chibnall and team.
DP
D.Page

Irrelevant. The video was used to emphasise the point.

Why not just post a reference to the earlier upload? Shall I post the upload a third time to emphasise the point even more Rolling Eyes

Newer posts