« Topics
skyviewer1,474 posts since 9 Feb 2011
This is exactly what I hate. That these changes are not sustainable. You see something you like, you accustom to it and the next day it is different again. The problem with the white lighting is that it has a purple tint.
EastEngland73 posts since 3 Jun 2017 new member
I'm not convinced that the white lighting today on Kay's slot is the same bright white that was used before yesterday, it seems to be less in your face.

Personally what I would go with would be
White Glass Box: 6am-10pm
Westminster Studio 10pm - 12pm
White Glass Box 12pm to 6pm
Tonight 6pm - 9pm
Blue Glass Box 9pm to 12pm
Old Studio 12pm - 6am (unless they come up with something better)
AJ1,615 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Meridian (South) South Today
This is exactly what I hate. That these changes are not sustainable. You see something you like, you accustom to it and the next day it is different again. The problem with the white lighting is that it has a purple tint.

What a bizarre post. You don't become "accustomed" to something in the space of a few hours. The average joe viewer probably didn't even notice any difference.

I'm also not sure how you can say changes aren't sustainable. Just seems like an odd expression to me. Each to their own though.
Jory, bilky asko and 3 others
  • Skygeek
  • EastEngland
  • London Lite
gave kudos
Skygeek852 posts since 5 Feb 2014
London London

What a bizarre post. You don't become "accustomed" to something in the space of a few hours. The average joe viewer probably didn't even notice any difference.

I'm also not sure how you can say changes aren't sustainable. Just seems like an odd expression to me. Each to their own though.

Literally no-one who doesn't post on TVF is going to have that reaction. Since we have a global audience of around a quarter-of-a-billion who aren't going anywhere, I suspect we'll be alright without you if it offends you that much.
I sometimes speak ABOUT my employer, although not FOR them.
AJ and London Lite gave kudos
Jon6,698 posts since 11 Apr 2005
Central (West) Midlands Today
Literally no-one who doesn't post on TVF is going to have that reaction. Since we have a global audience of around a quarter-of-a-billion who aren't going anywhere, I suspect we'll be alright without you if it offends you that much.

How do we get to that figure? I agree with you sentiments but I no way can I believe that statistic can be true.
Last edited by Jon on 11 July 2017 10:05pm
Aaron_2015743 posts since 11 Mar 2015
Westcountry Spotlight

Is there anything to back that figure up? Is that per year?

As far as I can see, ratings for Sky News have slowly been declining for a while. Sunrise in particular has suffered badly from Eamonn Holmes leaving.
Skygeek852 posts since 5 Feb 2014
London London

Is there anything to back that figure up? Is that per year?

As far as I can see, ratings for Sky News have slowly been declining for a while. Sunrise in particular has suffered badly from Eamonn Holmes leaving.

Global weekly reach. Let's not get sidetracked from the point that somebody is regarding a subtle change in lighting as a personal insult and using "sustainable" and "accustomed" completely inappropriately.
I sometimes speak ABOUT my employer, although not FOR them.
AJ, Worzel and 2 others
  • EastEngland
  • London Lite
gave kudos