The Newsroom

London Live

announce News presenters (December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVGBs
At least childrens content is vaguely PSB but what would benefit local channels is having a strand like this which can air across multiple local channels, although whether it would get an audience is probably debateable.

It also lacks the key driver of being local, in even the most generous sense.
MO
Mouseboy33
dire US imports?
JO
Jon
It's a reference to Mike Prince's Canadian kids TV back catalogue that went out in Big Centre TV.

Bostin Bear was one of the launch stars of Big Centre TV.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Bostin Bear has been on other local tv channels, such as Latest TV in Brighton.

SP
Steve in Pudsey
It was a bit more bearable (see what I did there) before they changed the voice and resung the song

28 days later

LL
Round table discussion which was largely axed when London Live News was introduced is returning to London Live this evening with the London Live Debate at 7pm.
TV
TVGBs
Round table discussion which was largely axed when London Live News was introduced is returning to London Live this evening with the London Live Debate at 7pm.

With that and The Capital Conversation, more ideas that failed or were binned because they took too much time and resource to do, it's another example of them redoing things that haven't worked before/haven't gained them an audience before. What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? I wonder how that great local programming acquisitions, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Heidi, are working out for them?
LL
Compared to the previous debates during the former news programmes, this was a lot more structured.

TV
TVGBs
Compared to the previous debates during the former news programmes, this was a lot more structured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEfiXlSoiZ8

It is. That set up doesn't do it any favours at all. It's very stark, basic and cheap looking. It's quite stiff and uncomfortable to look at.
SD
SuperDave
I'm afraid I didn't get past the introductions. None of the panelists looked like they wanted to be there - particularly the lawyer, who didn't look at the host or the camera.
TV
TVGBs
I'm afraid I didn't get past the introductions. None of the panelists looked like they wanted to be there - particularly the lawyer, who didn't look at the host or the camera.

They seemed less like panelists, more like hostages.
LL
Another new show in the 7pm Tuesday slot on London Live. Capital Conversation.

Newer posts