Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
Further to the clip I linked about BSB. Here's a documentary made by Channel 4 in 1994 about the early satellite wars between Sky and BSB.

Last edited by nwtv2003 on 2 July 2017 10:42am
IS
Inspector Sands
If I'm not mistaken, Voyage Around BSB was one of the first programmes to be shown somewhere on the network. Their answer to The Revolution when Sky launched.

It seemed to me like a video made for the trade - TV dealers etc. Doing a bit of googling it seems it was a BSB/Comet promotional video

It might well have been broadcast by them too but the future tense suggests it was written to be shown long before they went on air
NW
nwtv2003
NW
nwtv2003
An interesting video from 1985. An example of fibre optic cable TV from BT in Westminster, somewhat ahead of its time here, includes some on demand TV using a Laserdisc jukebox of all things. It gets interesting from about five minutes in...

JA
james-2001
I can remember laserdisc jukeboxes, there was one in the food hall in the Skegness Butlin's in the early-mid 90s, and there was one in the hotel when I went to Spain in 1999 (though the newest songs on it were from late 1997).
LL
London Lite Founding member
A full episode of Wogan's Web has been posted on YouTube. One of my favourite daytime shows of all time.

VM
VMPhil
Norman Wisdom promotes the BBC's Wimbledon '95 coverage.

DB
dbl
I'm not sure where to put this, but it's a VICE News video which focuses on how some local affiliate stations are using an app called Fresco:

Meaning that they can request/outsource footage to 'regular' people to film with their phones in exchange $20-$50 per assignment. Reducing the need for professional camera operators. Nightcrawler the app (if anyone's seen that film)
IS
Inspector Sands
30 minute special from 1995 explaining the changes taking place to the 3 network TV stations in Denver. Lots of confused viewers getting confused over channel numbers... you'll be just as confused after watching

Part 2 goes into syndicated programmes, because if everything wasn't complicated enough, some programmes moved channels.... but some didn't!

Last edited by Inspector Sands on 6 July 2017 2:29pm
JA
JAS84
I can understand how can that can be confusing. Some people seem to think VR Troopers (which had two seasons in 1994-95), one of the shows similar to Power Rangers and made by the same company, was a Fox Kids show, like Power Rangers was, making that presumption because it was made by Saban. It wasn't a Fox Kids show though, it was syndicated. So some channels would air the two together, but in other areas they would be on different channels.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
Oh, for a full length show from the first series of Network 7.

Seems like it's a dream that will never come true.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Interview with Kenny Everett on Thames TV in 1989.

Newer posts