The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
The coverage of the reshuffle was pretty decent from Rebecca Williams and Beth Rigby.
NE
Newshack16
Forgive me if I'm having a blank moment, but who is Ian?? Do you mean Ian King? not to offend him but sure he's not that young ha!

It's a shame Sky didn't get as much kudos in the press as ITV. Yes, ITV did a really good job and having Balls and Osborne was a masterstroke, but Sky really got out of their comfort zone this time round with a decent presenting team which was more than just Adam sitting round the desk with guests this time round.

As mentioned, I think the younger generation of presenters are really starting to shine in the last few weeks, SJM on Sunrise, Gamal, Ian, Sophy Ridge and even relief presenters such as Rebecca Williams, Claudia-Liza Armah and Sam Naz (I remember people saying she was wooden) have really raised the bar.
LL
Forgive me if I'm having a blank moment, but who is Ian?? Do you mean Ian King? not to offend him but sure he's not that young ha!

It's a shame Sky didn't get as much kudos in the press as ITV. Yes, ITV did a really good job and having Balls and Osborne was a masterstroke, but Sky really got out of their comfort zone this time round with a decent presenting team which was more than just Adam sitting round the desk with guests this time round.

As mentioned, I think the younger generation of presenters are really starting to shine in the last few weeks, SJM on Sunrise, Gamal, Ian, Sophy Ridge and even relief presenters such as Rebecca Williams, Claudia-Liza Armah and Sam Naz (I remember people saying she was wooden) have really raised the bar.

I meant Tom Macleod, apologies.
SK
Skygeek
From Sunday/Monday, expect to see someone you've never seen before in a Sky presenter's chair for a bit.

And no, it isn't who you think!
WO
Worzel
From Sunday/Monday, expect to see someone you've never seen before in a Sky presenter's chair for a bit.

Maxine Mawhinney, Gavin Estler or maybe your good self. Wink

Although judging by the way things are going at Number 10... Theresa May. Razz
SK
Skygeek

I can confirm it isn't Nick Clegg, Alex Salmond or Ed Balls.

And though newsreading and reporting on Sky is not without precedent for me, it isn't me either... I'm still holding out for Strictly!
Last edited by Skygeek on 13 June 2017 8:15pm
WO
Worzel

And though newsreading and reporting on Sky is not without precedent for me, it isn't me either... I'm still holding out for Strictly!

Nigel Farage. Very Happy
LL
Lord Buckethead?
SK
Skygeek

Nigel Farage. Very Happy

Maybe, but I'm not sure he'd be keen on foreign assignments! Wink

And as for Buckethead, he'd never survive accusations of living in a media "echo chamber"!
LL
Mark Stone?
SK
Skygeek
Mark Stone?

Less wrong than the above suggestions.
WO
Worzel

Nigel Farage. Very Happy

Maybe, but I'm not sure he'd be keen on foreign assignments! Wink

And as for Buckethead, he'd never survive accusations of living in a media "echo chamber"!

Damn, I thought he was going to be Sky's new US political correspondent. Wink

Newer posts