The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVViewer256
I know why the opening is the way it is, Its works on Mobile, table and on your TV. I do wish it was less white.

Also whos covering the day shift for the election? is it Kay and Dermont?

According to the freeview EPG, Dermot is covering till around two or three and then Kay is covering. I think Ian king live will go as planned and Adam Boulton will be presenting sky news tonight (probably covering the election mostly but maybe some other stories if they're big enough

My Freeview EPG has Dermot from 0600-1300, Gillian and Niall 1300-1500, Gamal (has to be an error) 1500-1600, Kay 1600-1900, Adam 1900-0000. At a guess, Kay will replace Dermot at 1pm.

I made an error as I didn't read the TV guide properly. What you said is correct
TV
TVViewer256
According to the freeview EPG, Dermot is covering till around two or three and then Kay is covering. I think Ian king live will go as planned and Adam Boulton will be presenting sky news tonight (probably covering the election mostly but maybe some other stories if they're big enough

My Freeview EPG has Dermot from 0600-1300, Gillian and Niall 1300-1500, Gamal (has to be an error) 1500-1600, Kay 1600-1900, Adam 1900-0000. At a guess, Kay will replace Dermot at 1pm.

I made an error as I didn't read the TV guide properly. What you said is correct

Actually, I have just checked and it turns out I was right
EE
EastEngland
Tamara Cowen has a very very old Sky News Umbrella with this logo!

SK
Skygeek

*sings Rihanna*

This week, we're going to have a big election
Back in the old newsroom studio's direction.
So, get your priorities together, fella.
We've bigger things to worry 'bout than an umbrella -ella-ella! [etc]
TR
TROGGLES

*sings Rihanna*

Attention to detail is the difference between real and fake news. If they cant get the right logo on screen why believe anything else.
SK
Skygeek

*sings Rihanna*

Attention to detail is the difference between real and fake news. If they cant get the right logo on screen why believe anything else.

I'd argue the more important attention to detail is making sure the correspondent doesn't get soaked on-screen... after all, what purer form of presentation is there?

ETA: The difference between real and fake news - and therefore the quality of the journalism - is whether we have a current logo on our umbrellas?

Well done, many have tried, but I actually have no words!
Last edited by Skygeek on 5 June 2017 12:33pm - 3 times in total
EE
EastEngland
IT wasn't a complaint, just an observation.
SK
Skygeek
IT wasn't a complaint, just an observation.

Fair enough - actually, it was the "real vs. fake news" argument that tickled me most!
WH
Whitnall
Sorry if it's already been discussed, but is there a reason Sky are not showing the opinion polls as they did last time in 2015?
:-(
A former member
Sorry if it's already been discussed, but is there a reason Sky are not showing the opinion polls as they did last time in 2015?

Sky has shown a few during the day but the best bet is during 9-10pm
MD
mdtauk
Probably because they don't trust them like they did last time.
TM
tmorgan96
Probably because they don't trust them like they did last time.
Why?

The polls for both Brexit and Trump were correct. In both instances it was actually analysts and media outlets which interpreted them wrong. It's not the polling organisations' fault that large sections of the press were completely dunderheaded in their approach to analysing the polls.

Trump lost the popular vote, as the polls showed, but won in the states he needed to win in.

Brexit was within the margin of error. It was an error on the part of news organisations to say that the polls were favouring Remain, when in fact they weren't.

I think Sky News reducing the prominence of polling is disingenuous, considering they and other news outlets are the primary reason polls have a poor reputation. Polling in and of itself is largely accurate.

Newer posts