TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Someone will be happy... No slide..

Scotland - who DID have 'Scotland' text on their ident back in the 80s - well, they used the Network ident last night.

Here's the actual 80s BBC Two Scotland ident:

http://thetvroom.com/images/pool-1/152/main-03.jpg

If we're being pedantic, did BBC Scotland ever have an animated BBC 2 symbol? That looks very much like the same kind of static slide the regions had.

On top of that because it was a network programme BBC Scotland would never have introduced it, so a Network ident is correct Wink
MM
MMcG198
[quote="Steve in Pudsey" pid="1063047"]If we're being pedantic, did BBC Scotland ever have an animated BBC 2 symbol? That looks very much like the same kind of static slide the regions had.[quote]

Correct - it's a slide. As far as I'm aware, only Network had the electronic kit that generated that ident live. The English regions, Scotland, Wales and NI only had slide versions of that symbol, as far as I'm aware. And the same goes for the successor to this ident - the "TWO" symbol.
MM
MMcG198
On top of that because it was a network programme BBC Scotland would never have introduced it, so a Network ident is correct Wink

The Network version of the ident was played out by Glasgow - either that, or they took Network vision. A BBC Scotland announcer introduced the programme at 10pm last night on BBC Two Scotland.
A former member

The Network version of the ident was played out by Glasgow - either that, or they took Network vision. A BBC Scotland announcer introduced the programme at 10pm last night on BBC Two Scotland.

Yes! what I meant was Glasgow played out the correct ident, network ident for network show Very Happy

Also here is the 1986 BBC 2 SCOTLAND ident:
https://youtu.be/kZTIi7ve-fY?t=273
MM
MMcG198

Yes! what I meant was Glasgow played out the correct ident, network ident for network show Very Happy

Also here is the 1986 BBC 2 SCOTLAND ident:
https://youtu.be/kZTIi7ve-fY?t=273

So, are you telling me that BBC Scotland announcers now use Network idents on BBC Two Scotland to introduce networked programmes?
A former member
Lets start again, I think were all getting whirlwind up.

In the content of White gold: A programme from 1983, in which someone at BBC 2 is using classic press to introduce the programme. Glasgow used the correct ident, IE back in the day Glasgow would only appear if there was an opt out on BBC2 Scotland ( this was the way until just last year) Since this was a network programme, and back then you would only see Local ident if it was a local programme, Glasgow used the correct classic ident. Does that make since?
DP
D.Page
White Gold Promos.

"Wednesday 10.00" Promo

"Tomorrow 10.00" Promo

"Tonight 10.00" Promo
RI
Richard
Have I Got News for You was introduced with "Car" followed by the first BBC 2 Colour ident from the 60s for some reason. Anyone know why?
RD
RDJ
Have I Got News For You is on BBC2 tonight due to the Question Time debate on BBC1.

It was started off by the late 60's BBC2 Colour ident.... for some unknown reason.

Is this the first time HIGNFY has had it's first outing specifically scheduled on BBC2 since the show moved to BBC1 around 15 years ago?
DP
D.Page
Frankly, bizarre. All BBC2 Nations followed suit (by using Car/67 ident), except NI where the 1967 ident was preceded with Aerial.

Here's what Network showed:

Last edited by D.Page on 2 June 2017 11:15pm
VM
VMPhil
I didn't really get the joke if there was supposed to be one, other than they're on BBC Two for one week.
DP
D.Page
Joe posted:
I do wonder if the presentation departments indulge in this nostalgia stuff a little too often sometimes. Maybe it's just my perception but it does seem to be a little too often for it to still be so effective. I don't know - maybe others disagree.

I love old idents with a passion, but I'm beginning to get a little closer to this point of view, if they are pulled out on a whim like this and shown for, seemingly, pretty ridiculous reasons.

Newer posts