TV Home Forum

Britain's Got Talent 2017

Discussion of the latest ITV series (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Then just get a 5th judge then..
DW
DavidWhitfield

Or, far more sensible, go back to three like it was for years. I never understood the move from three to four judges on Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor.
AL
alexhduk
On the pres side of things. ITV2 needs to decide whether 'LIVE' or 'Love Island' is going in the top right corner.

I thought it would have disappeared in the first few minutes when TX or gallery decided to remove the LIVE or love island DOG.... nope both remained on top each other throughout the show, mess.
FA
fanoftv

Or, far more sensible, go back to three like it was for years. I never understood the move from three to four judges on Britain's Got Talent and The X Factor.

I can understand The X Factor as it allowed them to split the category of 25 and under into boys & girls. As for Britain's Got Talent, at the time it felt as though they were poaching Alesha from Strictly because of her popularity, however, I do think that the four have a good connection, the proof is how long the panel has remained unchanged.
BR
Brekkie
Yes, it's the best panel in the business IMO and Alesha was bought in to add a bit of dance expertise to the panel in the wake of Diversity. Although I've no problem personally with Amanda Holden I suspect if they did cut down to three from the current panel she is the one they could lose without an issue - indeed Alesha is consistently the harshest judge on the panel, usually buzzing before Simon.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Did BGT usually still use Peter Dickson at this point or am I mistaken.
FA
fanoftv
Someone needs to tell BGT that the channel hasn't been referred to as ITV1 for over four years.

(Apologies for the grainy photo taken from the tv)
LL
Larry the Loafer
Jason Manford was constantly plugging Bigheads as being on ITV1 on Facebook. Ironic considering their rebrand promo stated "most of you call us ITV anyway".
TF
TellyFan
Did BGT usually still use Peter Dickson at this point or am I mistaken.

ITV have dropped him from the main show, and instead he is doing voiceovers for Britain's Got More Talent.
LL
Larry the Loafer
He's been voicing radio adverts for some horrible X Factor-themed gambling website. He's pretty much become a parody of himself, which is a shame.
PE
permotio
Final has been moved to Saturday night to avoid a clash with the Ariana Grande benefit concert.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40106018
MA
Markymark
Someone needs to tell BGT that the channel hasn't been referred to as ITV1 for over four years.

(Apologies for the grainy photo taken from the tv)

Well, it does have a 'retro' theme to it ?

Newer posts