The Newsroom

Manchester Terror Attack

On 22 May 2017, there was a suicide bombing at Manchester Arena which killed 22 people (May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Will ITV come one air early? and will GMB extend to 10.30? I think the schedules will be wiped clean tomorrow.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Double headed NC/World bulletin with Karin and the young chap who was supposed to be on 2-5.
WO
Worzel
Double headed NC/World bulletin with Karin and the young chap who was supposed to be on 2-5.

Tom Donkin.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Anna Botting starting her 3rd extra hour.
GE
thegeek Founding member
There should be a press conference at 2am

BB
BBI45
Will ITV come one air early? and will GMB extend to 10.30? I think the schedules will be wiped clean tomorrow.

GMB extended: Wouldn't be surprised.

Schedules wiped clean: I think it will be more likely be changed, rather than wiped.
WO
Worzel

I would expect BBC Breakfast will come from the scene in Manchester, after all the production team are based at MediaCity. VD will be cancelled and will be a standard News channel simulcast, perhaps moved from BBC Two to One.

One would assume there will be a break in General Election campaigning as a mark of respect, in any case there will be a Cobra meeting first thing.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I would be surprised if Piers and Susanna don't anchor GMB from Manchester - although not sure how difficult that would be to prepare this late in the night.
LL
London Lite Founding member
That's Manchester News Editor Abi Smitton is at the scene, despite the channel not showing any news.

JA
james-2001
Presumably the US Networks don't have restrictions on reporting and the likes that ours likely do.
BB
BBI45
I would be surprised if Piers and Susanna don't anchor GMB from Manchester - although not sure how difficult that would be to prepare this late in the night.

It is too late to get Piers and Susanna up to Manchester. GMB is on air in less than 4 hours and all sorts would need to be organised and put into action within that time. Best they could do would be an early start (5:00 or 5:30), but how many would tune in, I don't know.
:-(
A former member
There now have a proper camera on scene at Manchester.

Newer posts