BBC News - Salford Output - Set Revamp

(May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BBI45
BBI45 posted:

Shows how much I watch the sportscast.

#sportshaterslivesmatter

It's not that but rather there aren't many that occur when I'm up or around a TV. In the evening in the US all the sportscasts are preempted (the ones after ABR) and the rest are during the day. There are five sporcasts during the week in North America versus 9 in Europe.

Fair enough.
WO
Worzel
I wonder, with the talk of an Outside Source style touchscreen, if the Sports bulletins will become similar to what Sky Sports News HQ do on Sky News?

8 days later

NJ
news junkie

Looks like the sofa is back. Looks really good
WO
Worzel

Looks like the sofa is back. Looks really good

That looks so much better.

Now, when's Breakfast moving in too? Wink
Newsroom24, Stuart and Cando gave kudos
NJ
news junkie
Some caps so far:

Headline wipe is really nice on screen, quite fast to catch though.
watchingtv and London Lite gave kudos
JK
JK08
WO
Worzel
Looks really good on screen. As I said before, when's Breakfast moving in there too? Wink

Hands up who also spotted the old Sportsday branding in the background on the right of that wide shot? Razz
ST
Stuart
I noticed it at 6:30 on BBC NC. Much better, and cleaner, with no more confusing red elements representing the news brand.
WO
Worzel
It's certainly come along way since it's first use on screen.

RK
Rkolsen
What exactly took so long for the changes? It looks like they moved the LCDs together and added a couch. The glasss etchings look the same.
ST
Stuart
What exactly took so long for the changes? It looks like they moved the LCDs together and added a couch. The glasss etchings look the same.

I disagree. I think it looks quite different in terms of functionality. The only permanent BBC Sport branding is in the light box above the desk. Everything else can now be changed by lighting and on screen graphics. The dais is also different as it has more colours.

I do wish they would move BBC Breakfast into there, although there would be an issue about the absence of a 'performance area'.
MB
Media Boy

Yes that's all we did 😳

Never mind the added functionality of a touchscreen (when it works 😂) a total new work flow for the catwalk screens, the creation of 3 presentation positions and the massive relight......
(Pity the artwork for the 4 light boxes and to cover the old newsroom artwork failed to turn up though!!!!)
newswatcher101, Bail and Worzel gave kudos

Newer posts