The Newsroom

UK General Election

Thurs 8th June 2017 - **Presentation related discussion only** (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Im sorry, this is a load of crap.
JO
Jon
Im sorry, this is a load of crap.

Well you're still watching. You have May and Corbyn to blame for that. ITV absolutely right to press ahead and I hope it means they lose votes to these smaller parties (well the progressive ones) as a result.

[[Politics removed by mod - please stick to presentation.]]
Nicky and London Lite gave kudos
A former member
For recording purpose for TV Live Wink Rob I believe is doing the same.

How to have some fun:
DB
dbl

How to have some fun:

It's fair to say that there's a high chance of tipsiness tonight.
PE
peterrocket Founding member
I know it may have been noticed before, but how are the podiums lit so only the reflections on the floor show the colour of the parties and not the columns face on themselves?

The whole column is coloured, so it must be more elaborate than lights at the top part of the podium shining down.

It's probably a really simple idea, but it's actually quite clever!
ST
Stuart
I know it may have been noticed before, but how are the podiums lit so only the reflections on the floor show the colour of the parties and not the columns face on themselves?

The whole column is coloured, so it must be more elaborate than lights at the top part of the podium shining down.

We had this discussion last time they were used, and I don't think anyone came up with an idea as to how it was done.

I'm presuming it involves some cleverly positioned mirrors. Perhaps a lighting expert amongst our fraternity can 'enlighten us' (pun intended) . Laughing
A former member
There is more fun over on Twitter between the parties than on this debate.
BW
BroadcastWales

Slightly spooky, but why do they only want the reflection in the party colours and not the actual podium? The majority of camera shots don't include the floor reflection anyway.
RO
rob Founding member

Sadly not, had a powercut last night.
A former member
You never mist much. Aj has now got its UK election pres up. Your might not see much off until Sunday.
Last edited by A former member on 19 May 2017 6:02pm
VM
VMPhil
The ITV Leaders' Debate averaged 1.7 million viewers.
A former member
That's Bad.... But the pbs is tick off.

Newer posts