The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SK
Skygeek
In America they always say stuff like "This is the Campaign with Sophy Ridge, I'm <name> Sophie is on vacation"

That moment when you greet the audience, mention your co-presnter's absence and then segue into the top story while making it sound like it was THEY who died an horrific death:
SP
Steve in Pudsey
In America they always say stuff like "This is the Campaign with Sophy Ridge, I'm <name> Sophie is on vacation"

LL
London Lite Founding member
Sky News Ireland appears to have another sponsor for the weather, Blue Insurance.
CH
Charles
I only watch Sky occasionally to figure out what the hell is going on with Brexit and what the hell your PM is doing, so I'm not being flippant when I ask...is that the break room behind them?

Though in fairness, I will say that the box set looks a lot better now that they've put in some light boxes in the background, as I originally predicted they would to.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
I only watch Sky occasionally to figure out what the hell is going on with Brexit and what the hell your PM is doing, so I'm not being flippant when I ask...is that the break room behind them?

Yes.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

That moment when you greet the audience, mention your co-presnter's absence and then segue into the top story while making it sound like it was THEY who died an horrific death:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1oWmu2meac

I'll just leave this here as its sort of related, infamous and needs no introduction...
SK
Skygeek
Clearly, Neil, he begged to differ with you! Laughing
II
IrelandIsle
Just sent the old Sky News Center on air for first time, Paul Kelso standing in front of a white/blue/red/orange/purple/yellow/white background in line with the straps, looks a bit odd with the stripes that big, reminds me of a test card / channel 5 launch!!
TV
TVViewer256
Just sent the old Sky News Center on air for first time, Paul Kelso standing in front of a white/blue/red/orange/purple/yellow/white background in line with the straps, looks a bit odd with the stripes that big, reminds me of a test card / channel 5 launch!!

Does anyone have a pic. I'd love to see what they are doing with it for the election
II
IrelandIsle
All you can see is literally the stripes for from the vote 2017 graphics, there is nothing to the left and right of it in the shot we saw, so think of that. It looked very weird, there is no studio to see, pretty much.
ST
Ste Founding member
Are Sky News doing some election rehearsals today?
Last edited by Ste on 24 May 2017 6:57pm
richard h, Whitnall and London Lite gave kudos
RH
richard h
Ste posted:
Are Sky News doing some election rehearsals today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkfEmwOy8ow

Thanks for posting that
Good to see they are keeping the special election music
I had noticed this afternoon that the live location bug is slightly different which is always the case when its controlled from Westminster. For some reason the location isn't centralised in the box.

Newer posts