The Newsroom

BBC News - Salford Output - Set Revamp

(May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
I note that Sport Today is coming from the second (Football Focus) set at the moment.

I believe this is due to some revamping taking place of the normal studio which is currently being upgraded.

It has been tweaked a few times already but I personally already like the current look of the main studio. I wonder what improvements they are making? Anyone?
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 14 May 2017 2:34pm
SP
Steve in Pudsey
As per the News Channel thread, they were training presenters to use a new touchscreen on set.
BR
Brekkie
A shame it isn't being tweaked to become the permanent home of Breakfast in the morning.
London Lite and Custard56 gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
A teaser posted by Chris Cook on his Twitter. And I've no clue how to link it here......
LL
London Lite Founding member
A teaser posted by Chris Cook on his Twitter. And I've no clue how to link it here......

BA
Bail Moderator
Didn't BBC Sport spend some money on a sort of seat thing to use during Rio? I wonder if that might be coming back...
RK
Rkolsen
Bail posted:
Didn't BBC Sport spend some money on a sort of seat thing to use during Rio? I wonder if that might be coming back...

Mediaboy's tweet made me think they were installing the desk that was used during Rio. It had the capability of being raised and lowered for Breakfast.

Here's an image that was originally posted here by JK08.

HB
HarryB
Bail posted:

Mediaboy's tweet made me think they were installing the desk that was used during Rio. It had the capability of being raised and lowered for Breakfast

After Rio they never took the desk out, they continued to use it.
RK
Rkolsen
Bail posted:

Mediaboy's tweet made me think they were installing the desk that was used during Rio. It had the capability of being raised and lowered for Breakfast

Shows how much I watch the sportscast.
BB
BBI45

#sportshaterslivesmatter
Lou Scannon and Josh gave kudos
UB
UBox
Appears that it's much more than physical changes:

RK
Rkolsen
BBI45 posted:

#sportshaterslivesmatter

It's not that but rather there aren't many that occur when I'm up or around a TV. In the evening in the US all the sportscasts are preempted (the ones after ABR) and the rest are during the day. There are five sporcasts during the week in North America versus 9 in Europe.

Newer posts