Media Websites

Twitter (and other social media) Gold Thread

Sharing the best from Twitter... before closing time! (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
A chocolate TV-am egg. And Mickey Mouse.

What a Christmas Pudding would look like in a TV-am egg-cup:

JA
james-2001
The Mickey Mouse thing makes you laugh when you remember who one of the biggest shareholders in GMTV was and whose programmes dominated their weekends.
IS
Inspector Sands
Did TVam show lots of Disney in the early days or was it just something they used randomly as TV seemed to be able to in the days before copyright got tougher?

I say that as I remember seeing the titles of tiswas recently and that was just littered with clips of Disney films, totally out of context just as filler
VM
VMPhil
This is from a few weeks ago, but let's just take a few moments to remember a time when Granada sold Sky boxes made by BT.

ukpetey and nwtv2003 gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Also from the same Twitter feed, the launch of Dave aka the rebrand of the clumsy-named UKTV G2:

RE
Rex
Also from the same Twitter feed, the launch of Dave aka the rebrand of the clumsy-named UKTV G2:

Feels like it was yesterday - Dave certainly is perceived as not just one of the defining channels on Freeview, but it was also instrumental in changing the stance of UKTV throughout its history - from the 2008/9 rebrand to an entirely new focus towards original programming.

One of the best and most defining multichannels by far. I still remember the trailers and promotions that made light of the launch back in October 2007.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I remember thinking ten years ago that Dave was the most ridiculous name for a channel. Glad to be proven wrong and was the first channel IMHO that defined how you can provide a quality channel on Freeview.
Warbler, Hazimworks and DE88 gave kudos
HA
Hazimworks
I remember thinking ten years ago that Dave was the most ridiculous name for a channel. Glad to be proven wrong and was the first channel IMHO that defined how you can provide a quality channel on Freeview.

And their idents are the best IMO.
EL
elmarko
Dave's original content is fantastic.

I'm not kidding when I say that I laugh so much at Taskmaster I do a little double breath sometimes and almost choke. It's eye-wateringly funny.
SW
Steve Williams
Dave's original content is fantastic.

I'm not kidding when I say that I laugh so much at Taskmaster I do a little double breath sometimes and almost choke. It's eye-wateringly funny.

Yes, Taskmaster is the funniest show on TV. And they do certainly innovate when it comes to their entertainment commissions, you could see it illustrated perfectly on Monday when C4 launched another panel show about the news (which was alright, but I don't know what it was doing that HIGNFY doesn't, and is even made by the same producers as HIGNFY) while Dave were launching the second series of their panel show about video games. In School of Hard Sums they even had a panel show about maths!
IS
Inspector Sands
Yep, Taskmaster is a fantastic show. Seems to have been a success too, this is series 4 showing now and it and series 5 were commissioned as 8 partners. An American version was recently announced, with Alex Horne and Reggie Watts presenting: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2017/04/18/36213/taskmaster_gets_a_us_remake

They're Tuesday 10pm slot has been home to Alan Davies and Dave Gorman's shows too which have both had 4 or 5 series
DV
dvboy
Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish is filming its fifth series now, I went to a recording of two episodes this week.
Taskmaster is brilliant television, only discovered it a couple of weeks ago and binged the whole lot.
Has Unspun with Matt Forde got any better? I saw some of the first series but didn't enjoy it.

Newer posts