TV Home Forum

Foreign drama thread (BBC4, C4's Walter Pres, Sky Arts etc)

(October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
The second series of Witnesses is currently on France 2 without Thierry Lhermitte. Audrey Fleurot from Spiral has joined the cast.

I'm hoping that C4 show it again, but I suspect it'll get a More 4/Walter Presents airing instead.
BR
Brekkie
C4's favoured tactic seems to be just to show the first episode then throw the rest out on All4.
DV
dvboy
C4's favoured tactic seems to be just to show the first episode then throw the rest out on All4.

Yes, they do that often except for the Friday night slot on More4. A bit annoying as the series just on All4 aren't available through Sky.
NG
noggin Founding member
dvboy posted:

Yes, they do that often except for the Friday night slot on More4. A bit annoying as the series just on All4 aren't available through Sky.

Yes - incredibly annoying that you can only watch the More4 episode via the All4 Catch-up service on Sky. The other episodes are not available for viewing this way, and only on the website and app-based devices, which are poorer quality and a faff to view...
Last edited by noggin on 2 April 2017 9:32am - 2 times in total
LL
I'd like to hope the whole series of Witnesses is on More4 (and I have the HD version this time round), but it really does look like World drama is getting the one episode treatment from C4/More4 and shunted over to Walter Presents .
DV
dvboy
In my roundup at the weekend I forgot to add series 3 of The Legacy on Sky Arts (which I lost interest in during the first series)

37 days later

LL
Belgian French drama is on Sky Atlantic tonight with Public Enemy. 10pm.
LL
The full series of Public Enemy is on Sky and NOW TV VoD.

73 days later

DV
dvboy
Just spotted that 1993, the follow up to Sky Italia/La 7's excellent 1992, is on Sky Atlantic from tomorrow night.
I believe the first series aired here on Sky Arts.
Last edited by dvboy on 22 July 2017 10:35pm
LL
Whatever people may think of pay tv, Sky Atlantic and Arts have been a godsend for world drama for the shows Walter Presents haven't acquired for All4.
RK
Rkolsen
Doesn't Sky Atlantic airs shows with commercials right? Do they do this with programs that are simulcast as they premiere at 9PM ET in the US and 2AM BST in the U.K.? I know Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks were played out simultaneously but I imagine if they have commercials in the UK some diehards may be upset.
LL
Doesn't Sky Atlantic airs shows with commercials right? Do they do this with programs that are simulcast as they premiere at 9PM ET in the US and 2AM BST in the U.K.? I know Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks were played out simultaneously but I imagine if they have commercials in the UK some diehards may be upset.

Atlantic schedules commercials regardless if they're first run or peak shows.

Newer posts